Gah, stupid Nigerian scam emails!
Oct 14, 2003 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

swalker

100+ Head-Fier
These stupid emails are killing my productivity and my desire to be a model student...(not)

I actually answered a few of them just to see what kind of response I get but got lazy at the end and just stopped conversing. However somebody apparently doped those con artists to send him their pictures, etc. Take that you bandwidth wasters!. http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/

Quote:

... Now on to our business. It is unfortunate that you have not heard of the bank I use, called the GRIFT.(Greater Remittance Incorporated Federal Transfer) I was pretty confident that you would be familiar with the GRIFT based on our emails. I have checked, and they do not have a direct office in Lagos Nigeria.

However, they do have an affiliate which I would prefer to use. I know what you say about the western union, but again, I do not wish the risk of losing my monies from a bad transaction with them. I apologize again for this delay. The affiliate I wish to use is indeed located in Lagos Nigeria. The affiliate is the Mid Oceanic Regional Office of Nigeria (or MORON). The MORON in Nigeria is always trying very hard to get monies from American partners, so I am sure that you can see why I would like to communicate with the MORON in Nigeria.

Think about if you have seen a MORON lately, and if so, please let me know so that we may complete this transaction.

Your monies partner,

David lee roth

Oct 14, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 6
at least they're open about scamming you...they do everything but say: "and now I'm going to scam you out of all your money"
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 6
I always email them back asking for a kidney or some such body part as "collateral" guaranteeing that our transaction goes off without a hitch. needless to say I've never gotten a response back from these "businessmen"?????

Oct 14, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 6
Not only they are trying to take your money.. but they'll make a sick promise to do that. Check out this paragraph from one of those con artists

Quote:

... You talked about woman in Africa, when you visit Nigeria, I will make sure you will never forget your trip to Nigeria in your life time, as you will keep telling your friends about your adventure to Nigeria, I will give BIG, SMALL, AND (LITTLE UNDER EIGHTEEN YEARS). You will see that African girls (Nigerian girls) are something to remember in your lifetime, it is a promise. I will want you to give me your fax number, as they Corporation will need it to advice you. For your information if you want to call me call me at about 6pm your local time.

Holy moly I wonder what kind of environment these guys working at.

Oct 14, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 6
that was some of the funniest reading i've done in a long time, made my day. the guy who went through with all of those replies did a great job of selling himself to those crooks, it's great to see a little bit of inconvienience go their way. believe me i've had my share of those clogging up my email box for a long time. but i wasn't nearly as clever as to ever get them to respond more than once or twice before i blew it by getting pissed and reaming them a new a-hole for what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back