FXT90, GR07, or Yamaha EPH-100SL which would be best for EDM?
Dec 27, 2011 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jiff

100+ Head-Fier
I have the TF10's which I love but I'm looking for a good dynamic driver IEM in the $150 range and these 3 are what I've come down to.  As it stands now the FXT90 is the front runner with the GR07 in a close 2nd but the Yamaha looks good to.  Since EDM is all I listen to I want one with good over all performance and separation along with nice bass response though I'm not a huge bass head.  Also want it to have a fun and detailed sound not unlike the TF10.  I like the TF10's sound signature a lot but if theres one thing I want from a dynamic driver is a more forward mid range but not one that over powers ever thing else.  I have the ClarityOnes which I like but think these will fit what I'm looking for more so than the C1, so if anyone can give me some suggestions that have or have heard any of these it would be much appreciated.

Edit;

I couldn't wait any longer for some feedback so I went ahead and got the FXT90's because they just seem to have the sound signature I'm looking for.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 8
Same here, please give some feedback (although I personnaly think that the Yamahas would have give you this more forward midrange that you were looking for)

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 8
Will do along with an A/B session with my TF10 and ClarityOnes.  

The Yamahas did interest me but since they are such a new one theres not much feed back one them and from what I read in the FXT90's appreciation thread the mid range should be more present than my TF10's.  Although as I pointed out in another thread I don't know if my TF10's have a different sound signature than most because my mids sound more in line with the highs and lows than they do recessed.  Also the highs aren't as bright as others have stated, there really more neutral but still have great detail and clarity.  So to my ears my TF10's have more of a balanced neutral sound and not as V-shaped as what most people hear but they are still very fun and warm at the same time.

I just hope the FXT90 has good separation closer to my TF10's because thats the only thing really holding the C1's back because to me the sound stage and separation is a little thin and not as spacious.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 8
This makes me want to buy a FXT90 to compare, but I think it'd be a waste since I already have a pair of FX700...
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 8
Yea it probably would be.  I read someone saying that the FXT90 has like 85% to 90% the sound of the FX700.  Which if thats true I'll be a happy camper because I know what people think of the FX700 
L3000.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #7 of 8
Hope to see an update here soon ^_^ I was about to order my FXT90s, but AccessoryJack goes out of office for the holidays on the 5th, so my order won't get processed for a long time anyways...so I figure I'll give it a little more time. I'm watching this thread though :wink:

Jan 4, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 8
I wont have mine for another week or more because I went with the regular shipping and not express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back