Futuresonics Atrio Vs Sleek SA6
Apr 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

outbreak123

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys, i need a new IEMS for my new DAP and i'm thinking about purchasing one of those. I've only tried the M8 which is better than my px100 (unamped) but after reading pages of the Sleek SA6 appreciation thread, i think it's going to be a good IEM. Both are priced equally : 160 bucks. So which one should i buy head-fier? I've listened to many kinds of music. I've been thinking about TF10 too but it's out of my budget for an IEM, but maybe i can save some money and get it in the few next months. Which one do you guys think should fit me? Suggestion is greatly appriciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks ppl

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 38
i did not know the sa6 is so cheap. having never heard it i cannot recommend it but just from looks!
wink.gif

sa6 for the techie
atrio for the non-techie!

i have been a non-techie lover for over a year now. amazing phones the m5 are. would love to hear the sa6. i know a few have both or is it the denon c700 and the sa6. personally, i would like to hear them but not live with the sa6 as i don't do well with armatures, not sure what it is but my ears hurt with balanced armatures.

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #3 of 38
Yeah i'm really suprised too when i saw the price, almost 100 bucks cheaper lol. Maybe it's a fake? hahahaha
biggrin.gif

Yeah, they really sound's good. Do you think you notice many improvements after long burn-in ? If so, how long do you think it needs to be burned-in to sounds great?

Do Atrios really improve with an Amp? I've tested in unamped so i can't really say, but i think i won't carry an portable amp around.

Thanks man

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by outbreak123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i'm really suprised too when i saw the price, almost 100 bucks cheaper lol. Maybe it's a fake? hahahaha
biggrin.gif

Yeah, they really sound's good. Do you think you notice many improvements after long burn-in ? If so, how long do you think it needs to be burned-in to sounds great?

Do Atrios really improve with an Amp? I've tested in unamped so i can't really say, but i think i won't carry an portable amp around.

Thanks man

Where are the SA6s the same price as the Atrios? Or am I mis-reading your post? Owned both, and to me, not techie vs. non-techie. Really just better SQ with the Sleeks, but they are $100 more ($249 v. $139).

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #5 of 38
Yeah, it's 150 bucks so i found it kinda fishy.. Is the SQ difference far? because i'm kinda into it right now, or should i save some money and get TF10 or SA6?

Remember that i'll be using it unamped.

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 38
Personally, I find the SA6 to be more... err... sophisticated. They offer a more refined sound. Not as much bass presence as the Atrios but more resolving and detailed. They also definitely reach higher than the Atrios with zero harshness. The Atrios are a fun IEM and well worth their asking price. The stock tips are really hit or miss but due to its standard size sound tube you have a number of choices. Once you find the right tip that provides comfort and seal, the Atrios are certainly an enjoyable IEM and I don't think you would be disappointed with them. The SA6 are just better IMO but cost more. If you can afford them - can't recommend the Sleek Audios enough.

Oh, and I truly doubt you can get them less for $249 unless used. I would be wary if a pair is selling for less.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only use my SA6 and used my Atrios unamped. Both are easy to drive.

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #10 of 38
i would be surprised if the sa6 extends further than the atrio m5 m8 but it may have bigger treble presence for the volume of sound. the atrio has always been able to represent treble that no armature i have used has even been able to playback, even if somewhat darkly.

i have always considered them to be a very neutral sounding iem - big bass but not overly dedicated mids or treble. quite a great way to listen. i have not found them to be as 'fun' sounding unless by fun you just mean the incredible bass as other phones as they don't present a sweet sound like um2 or e500.

but, the sa6 i am sure is a great phone. has anyone heard the pioneer that has all the tuning ports similar to the sa6? it is cheaper as well but maybe not yet available in usa.

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 38
Or should i consider the C700 too? I heard it's as good as Atrio's or better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, i think it sounds kinda like sennheiser sigs, smooth, relaxed and laid-back. I think it'l fit for a sleeping phone. IMO it sounds kinda like mine PX100 but CMIIW.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #15 of 38
i found them excellent out of the box but i don't keep track of burn in so much, i just listen and enjoy and eventually find out how i prefer to wear them and with what tips to enjoy the sound the most. they are dark with the foames but with the stock tips i found them to be quite extended and just a little more fun.

but, if you can buy for 160 the sa6, get them (and the atrio) that is the best bet! haha

stage onthe atrio is completely dependent on your tips. foamies - not so much but still not bad. with rubber flanges, quite good but the stock make it really amazing stage but less bass - but a great trade off - but they are hard to get to stay in the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back