Futuresonic Atrios V Etymotic ER4P
Nov 6, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 30
U'll find a lot of information using the search function...

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 30
I have but there is no direct comparisons. Could you be a star and post your opinions here as you own both

PLEASE!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 30
Atrio: The best speaker-like bass of any IEM. Acceptable detail. Some peakiness in the upper midrange that can be annoying on certain tracks. Questionable design and build quality.

ER4P: The best detail, treble, and isolation of any IEM. Fast bass, but lacking punch and power. Very analytic and somewhat cold. Excellent build quality and customer support. Microphonic cable requires shirt clip.

Buy the Atrio if you like powerful bass. Buy the ER4P if you like detail and clarity.

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 30
gtp, how do you like the SE420? Could you compare them to the Atrio?

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK cheers.

If I was to buy ER4 for $100 and Atrios for $200 what would be worth the money

For those prices, I would get the Etys! Personally, I would put the relative values the other way around: I think the Etys are worth it @$200 and the Atrios would be worth it @$100.

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #9 of 30
1012007, if you get the Etys and like bass, I may suggest to couple them with an amp, like the iBasso T2. It is small, has a warm sound that can go well with the ER4, and also a nice bass boost feature (not bloated).

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 30
Thanks for that ant.

I live in uk as you can guess so is there anywhere that ships worldide?? I looked on ibasso site but the main brand is always more expensive than other stores

Edit: Ant whats the difference between Minibox E, Ibasso 1 and 2?

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gtp, how do you like the SE420? Could you compare them to the Atrio?

I really like the SE420. I wasn't happy with E500, as I felt the vocals were distant and the sound was somewhat diffuse. I also felt the treble could be fatiguing on certain tracks. I wasn't able to compare the E500 and SE420 head-to-head, but I don't have these issues with the SE420. Vocals are almost as immediate as UM2 and ER4P. Detail is excellent, not quite in ER4P territory, but close. The sound sig is still familiar Shure warmth and they have excellent soundstage. I would recommend these to anyone who wants ER4P+warmth+bass.

I wasn't in love with the Atrios. I really liked the bass, but had a problem with peakiness at around 5-6kHz (IIRC). I suppose I am senstive to that range since everybody else says how non-fatiguing these are??? Anyway, I couldn't get over this and burn-in didn't help. The SE420 definitely do not have the bass volume of the Atrios, but everything else is better IMO: speed, soundstage, detail, etc.

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #12 of 30
I have posted on this other places. I sold my Etys to keep the Atrios. I A/B tested them amped and otherwise, and I favored the Atrio Sound Sig. In fact, I like the Altec-Lansing sound better than the ER4P. So to me, the Atrios are worth it. And not sure where you can get the ER4Ps new for $100. Seems to me the Etys are around $170 and the Atrios are $140 (U.S. prices with shipping). Anyway, my two cents is the Atrio sound is warmer, smoother and way less fatiguing than the Ety sound. But hey, I know the folks on Head-Fi are more Ety prone. Only way to decide is to hear them both, in my view, and then choose.

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 30
Where can I get the ER4s for $100?

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #14 of 30
Antony - you look suspiciously like A.J from the Sopranos - what's going on???? His name is Antony too. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back