Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Nov 5, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #1,021 of 1,216
Quote:
Awesome and thank you so much for answering my questions i really appreciate it. Is this the right one http://www.amazon.com/Digizoid-ZO-2-Personal-Subwoofer/dp/B00747N5ZE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

How cool! I had no idea they were on Amazon now....and as a Prime offering, no less (I order probably 15-20/month from Amazon....I love my Prime membership :) )

But yep, that's the one! Looks like the amazon customers are quite happy with it, as well...nice rating it has on there. 

After all I've read about the company, talking with them by both phone and email, and spending the last six months or so with the product, I put Digizoid up there as one of the most interesting compnaies I've come across in audio. I"m really interested to see what other gadgets they come up with....and I'm glad you're considering giving the ZO an audition! 

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,022 of 1,216
i hate equing mine especially on the e11 its nothing special i like the stock sound sig they provide, but be warned dont go to the gym with them the little rubber nub disingrates very quickly (i have been through 2 pairs now) happily the coustmere service is EXCELLLENT

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #1,023 of 1,216
Quote:

How cool! I had no idea they were on Amazon now....and as a Prime offering, no less (I order probably 15-20/month from Amazon....I love my Prime membership :) )

But yep, that's the one! Looks like the amazon customers are quite happy with it, as well...nice rating it has on there. 

After all I've read about the company, talking with them by both phone and email, and spending the last six months or so with the product, I put Digizoid up there as one of the most interesting compnaies I've come across in audio. I"m really interested to see what other gadgets they come up with....and I'm glad you're considering giving the ZO an audition! 

So i got it and was wondering if there is a burn in period, because I am not really hearing what I was expecting. I have it paired with a rockboxed clip zip and it is in headphone out and all the way to red and it kinda sounds like the e11 on eq2.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,024 of 1,216
Quote:
So i got it and was wondering if there is a burn in period, because I am not really hearing what I was expecting. I have it paired with a rockboxed clip zip and it is in headphone out and all the way to red and it kinda sounds like the e11 on eq2.

Waht is a Rockboxed clip zip? I'll have to look that one up when I get home from work. Something isnt' right, though, cause it sounds nothing like the e11...I can assure you of that.

okay, never mind, I looked it up....so that's your digital player I guess? You have the headphone out going into the ZO...then the ZO shoudl be on HIGH gain....this is often where the problem is, but unless you're using a line out connection, which I'm guessing your not, you want hold the gain on the ZO up until it goes to "pink"...then once you're there, push the button wheel once to go back to the subwoofer levels/colors....you should be getting tons of bass once you get into the yellow....Red will be brutal. But the volume is controlled by the player, not the ZO...my guess is that you're ZO is not on the high gain setting.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #1,025 of 1,216
Quote:

Waht is a Rockboxed clip zip? I'll have to look that one up when I get home from work. Something isnt' right, though, cause it sounds nothing like the e11...I can assure you of that.

Its a sansa clip zip player with rockbox firmware installed on it. I am not sure what is going on but the sound is off. Maybe it is a burn in period or I just need to let my ears adapt to it.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,026 of 1,216
This isn't one of those things where it will be a sublte difference...it's a very large difference. Go to the www.digizoid.com site and you can see videos of what I described in the post above. I think you're probably not in high gain setting on the ZO. Also, did you charge it up for at least an hour before using it?

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #1,027 of 1,216
I know that I was in high gain thanks to your info on reading up on it, but I just plugged it into the charger and started to listen to it right away. I mean I hear the bass but it is kind of weak and its almost like the eq on my phone. The mids also sound kind of tinny. I think it just needs time to charge, I hope

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,028 of 1,216
Quote:
I know that I was in high gain thanks to your info on reading up on it, but I just plugged it into the charger and started to listen to it right away. I mean I hear the bass but it is kind of weak and its almost like the eq on my phone. The mids also sound kind of tinny. I think it just needs time to charge, I hope

Okay, yeah, it likely needs to be charged....if that doesn't solve the issue, I'd email digizoid and let them know. It's a very significant difference in the bass, and the mids/highs should not be altered. They are very responsive to customers and will help you troubleshoot. If something is wrong with that one, Amazon can shoot another one off to you. But yeah, it won't be the type of change where you have to really work to discern it....you'll have a significant increase in the low end when it's working properly.

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #1,029 of 1,216
Quote:

Okay, yeah, it likely needs to be charged....if that doesn't solve the issue, I'd email digizoid and let them know. It's a very significant difference in the bass, and the mids/highs should not be altered. They are very responsive to customers and will help you troubleshoot. If something is wrong with that one, Amazon can shoot another one off to you. But yeah, it won't be the type of change where you have to really work to discern it....you'll have a significant increase in the low end when it's working properly.

Yeah i figured that, I am letting it charge then I will try it again. Thanks for the help again. I will report later with the final thoughts. I am sure I will be happy with it. I am always like this, at first my expectations are too high then I give it some time and I find out that it is more than good, usually.

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #1,030 of 1,216
Quote:
Yeah i figured that, I am letting it charge then I will try it again. Thanks for the help again. I will report later with the final thoughts. I am sure I will be happy with it. I am always like this, at first my expectations are too high then I give it some time and I find out that it is more than good, usually.

I know what you mean. With audio products we usually have to temper our expectations after we receive the item cause the gains are typically not night and day (regardless of what some would lead us to believe). But in this case, they are pretty damn close to night and day lol. Once yours is up and running, I think you'll agree. I was using mine with my Beyer 1350s last night on my Kindle Fire, just watching a regular (i.e. non action) movie called Middle Men....even on that film there was some HUGE bass during the night club scenes. The 1350s have great bass extension as it is, but they can't do that kind of bass by themselves....the ZO took things to an entirely new level.

Nov 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #1,031 of 1,216
Quote:
I know what you mean. With audio products we usually have to temper our expectations after we receive the item cause the gains are typically not night and day (regardless of what some would lead us to believe). But in this case, they are pretty damn close to night and day lol. Once yours is up and running, I think you'll agree. I was using mine with my Beyer 1350s last night on my Kindle Fire, just watching a regular (i.e. non action) movie called Middle Men....even on that film there was some HUGE bass during the night club scenes. The 1350s have great bass extension as it is, but they can't do that kind of bass by themselves....the ZO took things to an entirely new level.

Well disregard all my other statements...this thing rocks, im not sure but I think it needs some time to loosen up. the longer I listen to it the more that I have to turn the bass down. And this is with my shure se535s that had no bass at all before. Thank you so much for all the info and help I am really grateful to your opinions. Oh and is there anyone who wants to buy a month old e11 lol.

Nov 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #1,032 of 1,216
Quote:
Well disregard all my other statements...this thing rocks, im not sure but I think it needs some time to loosen up. the longer I listen to it the more that I have to turn the bass down. And this is with my shure se535s that had no bass at all before. Thank you so much for all the info and help I am really grateful to your opinions. Oh and is there anyone who wants to buy a month old e11 lol.

lol, that's awesome, I'm glad it came alive for you....I remember with mine when I first got it, the indicator lights lit up but it had very little juice....I had to charge it a bit and then it was go time. If you want a great movie demo, fire up Serenity on your laptop or phone or whatever with the ZO attached....it'll knock your ears off in the first ten mins :)

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #1,033 of 1,216
Quote:
lol, that's awesome, I'm glad it came alive for you....I remember with mine when I first got it, the indicator lights lit up but it had very little juice....I had to charge it a bit and then it was go time. If you want a great movie demo, fire up Serenity on your laptop or phone or whatever with the ZO attached....it'll knock your ears off in the first ten mins :)

I already got it on my lappy just waiting for this evening to fire it up

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #1,034 of 1,216
Quote:
I already got it on my lappy just waiting for this evening to fire it up

Very nice...it's a really good sci-fi flick, as well, if you haven't seen it before. If you have, watch at least to the scene where they are on the landspeeder thing zipping around....the bass on that and some of the space scenes is just unreal on the ZO....and somehow it stays clean! That's what amazes me about this thing...somehow they maintain the quality on the low end. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,035 of 1,216
I lost my tips and am looking for replacement ones.  What are some good flanges to buy?  Someone had mentioned cutting down Shure white tri-flanges into a double flange.  Do you know which Shure model flange I should be looking for?  Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back