funny craigslist listings
Dec 22, 2009 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
I thought this was hilarious and everyone should read the description quick for a good laugh:

--Sorry, guys. I removed the link due to inappropriateness on this forum, though I do admit it's funny. The other choice would be deleting the thread, and I don't think that's necessary if folks can keep the content somewhat clean.---boomana

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #4 of 17
epic failure.

but win for the roommate.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 17
Haha. Epic win.
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 17
Paybacks could be permanent.

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahaha I always thought lcd's couldn't burn in and only plasma's were susceptible to it but I was wrong

WIN

Yes an advantage of lcd displays is that they do not get image burn in.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #13 of 17
Umm no sorry that's not true. It's like the reason LCD tvs are recommended for gamers. They can have retention [ghosting] but that's temporary.

Why isn't my windows menu bar BURNED INTO my computer lcd screen? I mean it's on for 10-15 hours a day and when I play a movie or a game, wowers.

Just cause you can claim a digital cable is different to another digital cable [short distances] doesn't mean you can say LCD burn in is real. Nope. Maybe you had stuck pixels? I dunno.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #14 of 17
Well, my Atari Lynx which used LCD suffered bad image burn, so too does an old computer monitor I have - its start bar is burned permanently into the bottom of the screen no matter what I do. If LCD tech has changed, that is one thing, but those LCDs have permanent image burned into them.

As for the cable, I have no idea where that came from. I have never mentioned differences in digital cables.

If the terminology is different, that is one thing, but then we don't burn cables either. What happened to the LCDs I have suffered from permanent image residue which may be explained by this: http://compreviews.about.com/od/moni.../LCDBurnIn.htm

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #15 of 17
The cable thing was stab at some of the beliefs on this website.

Seriously though, LCD has no burn in. Old monitor? Is is CRT because they had burn in.

Atari Lynx at 20 years of age surely can't be compared to current LCD screens. With such a small resolution, it's just a stuck pixel [one of the two huge flaws with LCD tech - the other being dead pixels].

From that article you linked - "Is it permanent? In most cases, no."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back