Fun and Engaging Cans: Grado SR-60 vs AKG K240
Nov 21, 2009 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JxK

1000+ Head-Fier
I am looking for an engaging set of full size cans to run from a laptop via the TBAAM. I'm not after audio "perfection" so much as I would like something that brings a smile to my face and gets my foot tapping to the music. I listen to alot of vocals, but also like various acoustic genres, folk, and some soft and hard rock, and just a bit of metal.

Between the sr-60 and k240, which works better? They are the same price ($99) since I'll be getting the bowl pads for the grados - most likely anyway. Of course, if there is a better set of cans in this relative price range, I'm all ears.
dt880smile.png

Nov 21, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi JxK, I have a Grado SR60 for years now. I am very happy with it especially with vocals. It sometimes brings smile to my face. Then, last week I auditioned AKG K240. It also sounds good, very efficient, means that it plays well without an amp, like my SR60. The difference between the two is the Grado SR60 has sparkling mids and highs than the K240. Also the K240 is a semi open headphone and the SR60 is a full open headphone. (Note: The best considered headphones are full open.) And best of all the SR60 are specially hand made while the K240 seems factory/machine made.

To sum it up, Grado SR60>K240

If I were you, I suggest that you buy Grado SR60-its an excellent headphone.
Time is Gold. Buy one and be happy.

N.B. While I'm typing my reply, I'm listening good music/vocals from my SR60.

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm curious if anyone else has opinions -- I'm trying to decide if for $100 the 240S is a worthy competitor to Grado and Alessandro headphones in the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back