Fully Balanced DAC under $1k for the HD800
Sep 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jd007

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm currently rocking a Bifrost Uber and want to go fully balanced. Looking for a DAC and pairs well with the HD800 (and possibly LCD2/3 in the near future) for no more than $1k. Some requirements are:

- Must have both XLR balanced outputs and single ended RCA outputs
- Sample rate up to 24/96 from all inputs is good enough for me, though 24/192 is fine by me
- Preferably 2 optical TOSLINK inputs as I have two optical devices to hook up, but I can make do with 1
- Preferably with USB input but not required
- Preferably with a thinner, deeper profile, as my desk has less horizontal space, but obviously this is not a big concern

I have looked at a lot of choices and have narrowed it down to: Schiit Gungnir, Audio-GD NFB 1.32, and (used) Bryston BDA-1. Right now I'm learning towards the AGD 1.32 but I'm not sure if it's good as there isn't too much information about it, and I'm not sure about AGD's production quality. The Yulong D18 is also on my radar but I'm not sure if it's a fully balanced DAC or simply phase split SE output to XLR. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 4
This is what you want mate.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_babyface.php

RME Babyface.Ananlogue 2 in 4 out professional grade interface with all digital options, 2 headphone outs and a EQ and effects suite. Ticks all your boxes above and saves you £300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back