Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #346 of 1,040
Just tried a 96khz/24bit audio file and it plays perfectly fine, am i one of the lucky ones? :)

What music player? What output method? If you are using direct sound it will not show the problem. WASAPI event or ASIO output will show you if there is a problem. Also, i don't think the bit depth matters it is the sample rate that you need to check. The file needs to be recorded at 48kHz or 96kHz. Read the last few pages of the thread to see more on this.

It is actually a pretty good read. http://tweakheadz.com/16-bit-vs-24-bit-audio/

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #347 of 1,040
Hey, Jason.

Just wondering about the item cost of that tiny oscillator giving you and all such a wonderful headache. Been there and done that. Amazing how the smallest detail can at times be such an enormous deal.

Totally loving my G/M/LCD-X as my first foray into headphone audio. Love the book. Wednesday has become a favorite day.

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #349 of 1,040
  Just try to play 24 bit audio, it will sound really bad if I've been reading correctly. Standard CD quality should sound fine though.

Clarification - it isn't the 24 bit depth that is the issue I believe it is the 48 or 96 sampling rates that  are affected

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #352 of 1,040
  Has anyone tried the Fulla with the HE-400i?

Yes.  It's a very solid pairing.  But then again, the 400i is pretty easy to drive.  Still, it was pretty impressive.

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #354 of 1,040
Anyone with the Fulla can try it with IEMs sensitive to hiss? I need a transportable solution with laptops and the E07k has noticeable hiss.

Its super quiet.

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #355 of 1,040
Anyone with the Fulla can try it with IEMs sensitive to hiss? I need a transportable solution with laptops and the E07k has noticeable hiss.

Volume control is very very small. I have ciem quad drivers and at 9:00 its loud. I put it to 10 and my ears bled. If you accidentally turn it to max I have no doubt it would fry them. Jusy be careful.

Dec 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #356 of 1,040
What music player? What output method? If you are using direct sound it will not show the problem. WASAPI event or ASIA output will show you if there is a problem. Also, i don't think the bit depth matters it is the sample rate that you need to check. The file needs to be recorded at 48kHz or 96kHz. Read the last few pages of the thread to see more on this.
It is actually a pretty good read. http://tweakheadz.com/16-bit-vs-24-bit-audio/

Thanks mate, i changed it to WASAPI and the clip i was testing was indeed garbled, have sent an email to laura.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #357 of 1,040

For what cans, and how portable do you need it to be?

Looking to get AKG712 Pros in the future, but currently using Sennheiser PC360s... It would be used with a laptop, but I suppose I'd be willing to lug around the Modi/Magni if I were going to a friend's house/in my room... How big of a sound difference is it? I already have a Steelseries USB Soundcard (not the exact same I know), so what I'm really looking to see is if the SQ will take a hit going to the Fulla vs Modi/Magni.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #358 of 1,040
  Looking to get AKG712 Pros in the future, but currently using Sennheiser PC360s... It would be used with a laptop, but I suppose I'd be willing to lug around the Modi/Magni if I were going to a friend's house/in my room... How big of a sound difference is it? I already have a Steelseries USB Soundcard (not the exact same I know), so what I'm really looking to see is if the SQ will take a hit going to the Fulla vs Modi/Magni.

I have the 712s and i am looking to get the fulla soonish and a magni/modi combo (or maybe asgard/bitfrost) I will try to remember to post back about it but it won't be until the new year at the earliest.

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #359 of 1,040

It is very quiet.  as has been mentioned bring your 'A' game when it comes to volume control.  With my Roxannes it is what, a 1/16th of a turn, at most, to listenable levels and a smidge more to too loud and not much further to pain, there goes the ear drums....
basshead.gif

It's a little bright but not too bad, and has decent low end, also.  Very clean, no hiss that I can detect.  Running off my PC.  If I stop the music and crank it I do hear some noise, but that would liquefy my brain if I were to hit play at that volume level.

HD800's sound nice, need about a 1/4 turn for listening level 1/3 turn for LOUD, 1/2 turn for way too loud.  Again a little bright, bass is good.  very clean, no noise that I can hear.

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #360 of 1,040
Does anyone have any thoughts on how this compares to the Fiio E10K, beyond the obvious line out capability of the E10K? This Schiit is more powerful, but I would be using either one with my Westone 4, so I think they both would have ample power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back