++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Apr 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #2,971 of 29,490
Quote:
sorry, it's Little dot I +

That should be fine for any of the headphones I mentioned specifically and the majority of headphones in general.

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #2,972 of 29,490

The problem is your budget. $50 headphones that meet your needs are EXTREMELY hard to find. I honestly have no other suggestions. The only other one I'd really make is KOSS Pro DJ 100 on sale somewhere. But no removeable cable. Plus, you're spending $50 bucks. Even if you only get 4 months out of it that's less than 4 months of playing WoW costs. lol

Yeah, I think I'll stick with what I've got for now.
I'll get the 669 once I find a seller and feel like paying $70. Hopefully I won't have to buy a new pair of cans for a long time.

Thanks for all your help
Hunter

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #2,973 of 29,490
I'm in the market for some new headphones and a new amp. So far i have narrowed it down to either the T1 or the HD800, possibly paired with a the C2SA from audio-gd or the C2.1. Also the pre-amp output is needed so maybe there are alternatives for that but i guess i should ask that in a different thread.

About the headphones, i currently have a HD600 which is comfortable with glasses and my very big head but i do have to extend it almost to the limit to be comfortable (i don't like the cups pressing on the lower side of my ears). So the main question is how far will the T1 adjust to be comfortable?

Another thing is i can't listen to the T1 and thus not try them on while i can listen to the HD800's but they seem to be preferred with tubes which i had some bad experiences with so i do not want to go that route again.

My music preference is very broad, i will also use it to watch films and series.
Any insight's from people who have tried both the HD600 and the T1 are much appreciated 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #2,974 of 29,490
I listen to music from my computer, so I will need a DAC.

1. What AMP/DAC combo do you suggest to go with the Sennheiser HD650?

2. Is the Headroom Micro AMP/DAC good enough?  Are there better units for the money out there, if so what?  Unless they are vastly superior I don't think it makes sense for me to get teh Tube Amps since I don't want to incur the extra periodic expense of replacing tubes.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #2,975 of 29,490
Need new highend headphone and i am seeking guidance

pricerange: to 350 dollar

wants a audiophile headset, with crystal clear mids and a good bass

Gotta have good comfi and have to have a solid build quality

Please help me, open to any suggestions ?

thanks.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2,976 of 29,490
Ok so here is my Story

Been using IEM's for years and my ears are just getting fatigued with having an IEM in them all the time also tired of constantly adjusting them in my ear. I switched to IEMS because full size cans were also uncomfortable pressing to much on my ears etc. but I think I'm ready to try and give them another go

So comfort is a big deal to me but not quite as big a deal as sound quality

Price range 200$ max

Looking for a comfortable pair of full size cans that have great SQ, I prefer lots of bass, warm sound signature without being muddyy, reasonably detailed highs and great soundstage and stereo separation. I mainly listen to classic rock, some metal, some new wave 80's. But even though I do not listen  to rap I'm a pretty big bass head the more detailed clean powerful bass the better but I don't want a muddy sound either. I do need lots of thumb to the bass drum.

I'm used to fairly high end IEMS and great sound in general so these would need to be better than typical full sized cans you can get at bestbuy etc.

After some research Ultrasone HFI-580 seems like a good pair as far as SQ I'm looking for but I've heard there is issues with comfort so they may be not right for me

any other suggestions would be apreciated.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #2,977 of 29,490
Hello guys,
I am a complete beginner to more "serious" audio equipment (I'm having $15-costing Fischer Audio FA-764), so I'm having a dilemma right now:
I have read a lot of IEM reviews here on this site and I've decided to get a pair of Hifiman Re-Zero's of Fischer Audio DBA-02 (that's based on the words used to desribe how they sound), but then I have read about SoundMagic PL-50. They are described as balanced, nice-fitting - a perfect choice for a beginner.
So, now they at mp4nation are taking pre-orders for Brainwavz B2 (which is said to be the same as DBA-02). I can't decide whether I should take them or it would be better to start with something like SoundMagic PL-50. Could you please help?
Excuse me for my English and thanks in advance.

Apr 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #2,978 of 29,490

Quote:
I'm in the market for some new headphones and a new amp. So far i have narrowed it down to either the T1 or the HD800, possibly paired with a the C2SA from audio-gd or the C2.1. Also the pre-amp output is needed so maybe there are alternatives for that but i guess i should ask that in a different thread.

About the headphones, i currently have a HD600 which is comfortable with glasses and my very big head but i do have to extend it almost to the limit to be comfortable (i don't like the cups pressing on the lower side of my ears). So the main question is how far will the T1 adjust to be comfortable?

Another thing is i can't listen to the T1 and thus not try them on while i can listen to the HD800's but they seem to be preferred with tubes which i had some bad experiences with so i do not want to go that route again.

My music preference is very broad, i will also use it to watch films and series.
Any insight's from people who have tried both the HD600 and the T1 are much appreciated 
smily_headphones1.gif

You are not going to get many people who have the T1.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502068/beyerdynamic-tesla-t1-review-and-pictures-56k-warning

Quote:
I listen to music from my computer, so I will need a DAC.

1. What AMP/DAC combo do you suggest to go with the Sennheiser HD650?

2. Is the Headroom Micro AMP/DAC good enough?  Are there better units for the money out there, if so what?  Unless they are vastly superior I don't think it makes sense for me to get teh Tube Amps since I don't want to incur the extra periodic expense of replacing tubes.

Read here for amps:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/5
and here for dacs:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/7

Quote:
Need new highend headphone and i am seeking guidance

pricerange: to 350 dollar

wants a audiophile headset, with crystal clear mids and a good bass

Gotta have good comfi and have to have a solid build quality

Please help me, open to any suggestions ?

thanks.

Denon D2000 has solid build quality, comfi and good bass.  Some say the mids are slightly recess but that applies to most bassy headphones.

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #2,979 of 29,490

Quote:
Hello guys,
I am a complete beginner to more "serious" audio equipment (I'm having $15-costing Fischer Audio FA-764), so I'm having a dilemma right now:
I have read a lot of IEM reviews here on this site and I've decided to get a pair of Hifiman Re-Zero's of Fischer Audio DBA-02 (that's based on the words used to desribe how they sound), but then I have read about SoundMagic PL-50. They are described as balanced, nice-fitting - a perfect choice for a beginner.
So, now they at mp4nation are taking pre-orders for Brainwavz B2 (which is said to be the same as DBA-02). I can't decide whether I should take them or it would be better to start with something like SoundMagic PL-50. Could you please help?
Excuse me for my English and thanks in advance.

DBA-02
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-160-iems-compared-denon-ah-c360-h2o-surge-pro-added-04-04/2535#post_7387283

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2,980 of 29,490

Quote:
Ok so here is my Story

Been using IEM's for years and my ears are just getting fatigued with having an IEM in them all the time also tired of constantly adjusting them in my ear. I switched to IEMS because full size cans were also uncomfortable pressing to much on my ears etc. but I think I'm ready to try and give them another go

So comfort is a big deal to me but not quite as big a deal as sound quality

Price range 200$ max

Looking for a comfortable pair of full size cans that have great SQ, I prefer lots of bass, warm sound signature without being muddyy, reasonably detailed highs and great soundstage and stereo separation. I mainly listen to classic rock, some metal, some new wave 80's. But even though I do not listen  to rap I'm a pretty big bass head the more detailed clean powerful bass the better but I don't want a muddy sound either. I do need lots of thumb to the bass drum.

I'm used to fairly high end IEMS and great sound in general so these would need to be better than typical full sized cans you can get at bestbuy etc.

After some research Ultrasone HFI-580 seems like a good pair as far as SQ I'm looking for but I've heard there is issues with comfort so they may be not right for me

any other suggestions would be apreciated.

Sony XB700, Phiaton MS400, Aiaiai TMA-01, Beyer 770 Pro 80 (might need an amp), M50

Apr 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #2,982 of 29,490
I just bought my very first decent pair of headphones a few months ago and I got the bug to upgrade. I currently have HD555 and mainly listen to classical music. Can anyone suggest a nice upgrade from these....specifically for classical (mainly string solo, orchestral, quartets) I was thinking about getting the HD650's...but read mixed reviews about them....any thoughts on this?

I am willing to spend about as much as the 650's so any suggestions up to that price range would be much appreciated!

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #2,984 of 29,490
A lot of classical listeners in the HD650 appreciation thread. I don't really listen to classical so I can't comment. Have a read of the last few pages and perhaps pose your question there rather than have someone completely write them off for you without elaborating.
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2,985 of 29,490
Hey guys I'm looking for a headphone that amps well with my FiiO E7.
I'm kinda new to this audiophile thing so I don't really know how to describe the sound I want :) I currently own the Beats Studio and I think they are good on bass but sound wise not very 'clear' and bit noisy on rocks.

I'm looking for something clear, relaxing, nothing too bassy, of course a little bass would be good. Something similar to the DT880s, but I heard the DT880s needs a better amp to get their full potential.
I listen to almost all kinds of songs, rock, hip hop, r&b, rap, classic, 'slow & quiet songs' (whatever you call that), and no jazz lol. I'll be using it off my laptop.

Let me know guys, any suggestions is much appreciated Thanks :)

PS. Suggest me anything other than Sennheisers. Not that I hate them, it's just that.. I don't know, I don't really like Senns. And I have set eyes on the Denon AH-D2000s, till I found out the build quality is not so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back