++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Oct 20, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #8,371 of 29,490
Ultrasone Pro 750. Good bass but fairly balanced. 

Quote:
Hi I want to buy new headphones and I'm not sure which I should get. They must be closed because I don't want too much sound leaking. Active noise Cancellation is not important. I will mostly be using them with my ipod. Comfort is also important. I like a decent amount of bass. I listen to pretty much any genre. My price range is up to $250.
Also I would prefer circumaural and a detachable cable would be nice but no neccesary.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #8,372 of 29,490
The D2000 and 5000 use the same drivers. Just get custom wood cups later. 

And I'd say yes and yes to your questions. Too much bass impact can be very fatiquing and I would certainly call the other 2 warmer than the Pro 900.

Quote:
Thank you woahreqquie and morbidtoaster for the feedback. I wish I could afford the D5000, but the prices are a little too steep for me. Morbidtoaster, when you say they are hard hitting, does that mean they would cause more fatigue overtime? Would you say the D2000 and the XB1000 have a warmer sound due to subwoofer type bass? I think i'm looking for something not necessarily hard hitting, but something with a warmer signature. Which would bring me down to the XB1000 and D2000.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #8,373 of 29,490
Hey guys..

I'm looking for a pair of headphones..
- Under $200
- Preferably something I can wear around
- Good with Rap/Hip Hop/Rock/Metal
- High quality + Don't break easily

Open to any recommendations. Don't mind if they are slightly used.

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #8,374 of 29,490
Hi Head-Fi. Newb here. I've been lurking around for a few days now and I've got a question that fits this thread. I'm looking for Headphones. lol go figure. Here's what I'm really looking for in order of importance:

1. Something around $150
Absolutely nothing above $200 including tax, shipping to Ontario, Canada, etc.

2. Durable
I'll be wearing these a lot on the go so I need something that will withstand the weather and just everyday use. It gets pretty darn cold up here in Canada and I'm assuming it's a bad idea to wear headphones when it's snowing.

3. Closed
I plan to use these for both at home and on the bus/subway and nothing bothers me more than people with music leaking out. That, and hypocrites. So unless the open cans you recommend don't leak sound (how?) I prefer closed.

4. 65% music, 35% gaming
I listen to a bunch of stuff ranging from electronic (Shanghai Restoration Project / Jazzanova); to pop/hip-hop; to light rock (Coldplay). The rest of the time I'll be gaming at home. I have a pair of Senn HD515 G4ME and apparently they're unheard of. I have nothing to compare to so I'll leave it up to you to beat the 515's at gaming. My understanding is that a good soundstage is required for effective gaming.

5. Portable
Not a huge deal for me. I usually go out with some sort of bag. If worse comes to worst, I'll just wear them around my neck. But it'd be nice.

Misc.
- My music will be coming from my phone, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
- I have a Fiio E5 ordered (but I got it from dealextream and I don't know if they're reliable)
- My computer sound card is the Auzentech Bravura and I've noticed after getting said card, my gear has become the new bottleneck

Being the newb that I am, I don't really know where to look. I'm much more familiar with computers and until I get to that sort of familiarity with headphones, I'd like to deploy the help of the wonderful people here at Head-Fi. I looked into some of the more famous cans and I definately know to stay away from marketing gimmicks (though I have owned a set of Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket IEM's in highschool and I remember they weren't that bad... given that I had to jam them into my ears for the sound I wanted lol).

The ATH-A700 don't seem to fit my need and have a reputation of being bass light (can this be solved by the E5?). The ATH-M50 seems to be too heavy on bass and has a terrible soundstage according to the gaming guide on this forum. ATH-AD700's are open. It seems everything in this price range is missing 1 thing. I want to start simple and see (hear) a slow progression as I gain knowledge about headphones and audio in general.

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #8,375 of 29,490
im now deciding upon the denon ah d7000 or the Terminator V4, also known as darth beyer (wood cupped and highly modded beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 80) im leaning towards the Terminator because the bass

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #8,377 of 29,490
What do you mean 'the bass'?

Quote:
im now deciding upon the denon ah d7000 or the Terminator V4, also known as darth beyer (wood cupped and highly modded beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 80) im leaning towards the Terminator because the bass

Excellent good looking portables. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Are the phiaton ms400/ms300 any good?

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #8,378 of 29,490

Quote:
Hi I'm posting again:) I'm looking for headphones which costs around 50-70$  for acoustic and indie mostly.I'm not too found of crisp highs,it gives me migraine.I'm interested in some Audio Technica,Sony and Senn.These will be for home and travelling so not too big ones please.Also I can buy from accessory jack only.So any suggestion?

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #8,380 of 29,490

Quote:
I have a pair of dt880 250Ohms that I like quite a bit but unfortunately I believe I ever so slightly blew the right driver (long story) and instead of fixing it (for now) I'm looking to buy a new pair of cans.  I'm thinking of just getting DT880/600s however is there anything in the $600 and under range that is similar to the 880s but noticeably better?  I get a feeling there really isn't but figured I'd ask.

anyone? =)

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #8,381 of 29,490
So comes this time of the year again, yes, the time the wallet fears. New headphones.
So far I've owned the
Audio Technica ATH-M50s
Alessandros MS-1i's
Shure SE215
Koss Porta Pro.

Each one of them has seen extensive use, but there comes a time when, well, you just want more and it has come.

Budget: Gonna say 350Euro is TOP. I have a basic amp that runs my Q Acoustics 2010s, so that will be the amping if required.

Style: This time, I want something portable, not tiny, but you know what I mean. No crazy cable length or anything. Must be closed. That covers that.

Music: It ranges, from "brostep" to metal, from rap to classical, from Screamo to Orchestral. See where I'm going with this?

I love the sounds of what I own, i just think I could get something clearer and better that what I already own.

So far people have suggested the

Senn HD25s
Beyer 770/880/990
Shure 940s

So lads, what ya's got for me?

Thanks in advance for every and any bit of advice in the right direction.

Mark.

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #8,382 of 29,490
You should check out the Denon AH-D2000

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #8,384 of 29,490
I'm trying to decide between these two...any advice for me?

Sony MDR-v6
Senn HD280 Pro

I listen to rap, rock, acoustic, pop, jazz, and some alternative stuff

which ones are more 'fun' and not dead in bass (though i'm not a jaw rattling bass head)

also, which are more comfortable?

(on a  side note, anybody have any experience with the Klipsch Image One's?)

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #8,385 of 29,490
IMO the V6 is for you. More fun, more bass, more comfort. 

I wasn't impressed with the Klipsch cans but I had a very limited demo with them. So take my impressions with a grain of salt.

Quote:
I'm trying to decide between these two...any advice for me?

Sony MDR-v6
Senn HD280 Pro

I listen to rap, rock, acoustic, pop, jazz, and some alternative stuff

which ones are more 'fun' and not dead in bass (though i'm not a jaw rattling bass head)

also, which are more comfortable?

(on a  side note, anybody have any experience with the Klipsch Image One's?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back