Frustrating Amazon Experience
Sep 18, 2007 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

colonelkernel8

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered the Nine Inch Nails Live DVD, "Beside you in Time" from Amazon.com last week and it came, but a portion of the disc was unreadable. So I contacted them and they said they would send another for no charge. I received it today, and alas, it wasn't working in the exact same place it wasn't working on the first disc. So now what? Have them send me another one? They clearly have a bad stock, as I told them in my most recent e-mail. Its kind of ridiculous, I don't want to keep having to run to the post office so I can mail their defective discs back to them, I already had to make 2 trips.

/rant

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Try a local retailer that sells it. Let them know you don't have a receipt but the "person who gave it to you" told you they bought it here. Let them know you only want to exchange it for the same thing because this one is bad... They may, probably won't, put the disc into a player and see if it's broken.

Walmart, Best Buy, and Circuit City should all do this for you with a little convincing. It might sound like you're screwing them over, but I assure you those companies will just throw it into their bin and send it back to the manufacturer for a full refund. It'll only be costing the store the amount of time it takes to process your exchange, scan the CD, and throw it into a box.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try a local retailer that sells it. Let them know you don't have a receipt but the "person who gave it to you" told you they bought it here. . .

Better yet, instead of committing fraud, return the first CD to amazon, BUY the CD from your local retailer, and if it still doesn't work, then return it to the store. The reason you pay more to your local retailer than to Amazon is because they provide you with that kind of brick-and-mortar service. Don't take advantage of that by lying.

--Chris

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better yet, instead of committing fraud, return the first CD to amazon, BUY the CD from your local retailer, and if it still doesn't work, then return it to the store. The reason you pay more to your local retailer than to Amazon is because they provide you with that kind of brick-and-mortar service. Don't take advantage of that by lying.

--Chris

x2 please dont advise fraud here, not cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back