Frustrated... Ipod... RockBox... FLAC files
Apr 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kellzey

New Head-Fier
I want a small file player that I can play FLAC files on. 

I would like to connect that player to my Little Dot amp via Line Out signal path and enjoy my new Grado 325is?

So I did the research and heard that an iPod with RockBox was the way to go!  Great, I have an iPod... Oh wait.. it's the 6th Gen Classic and there isn't a Rockbox release since the firmware is encrypted.

OK, so I buy a refurbished iPod Video 30GB (Gen 5) and it arrives today. I Rockbox it and install some FLAC files I have.

Rockbox won't play the files well (skipping, pausing, etc.).  I can't find an answer.  Everything is at default settings (no equalizer, I updated the database, etc.)  Nothing... just poor playback performance.

So I try and convert the FLAC files to AAC files. I converted a dozen and try to upload via iTunes to the iPod.

I'm sorry, this iPod can't play this type of file.

What!!!!!

I bought a Sansa Clip + too, but it only has a headphone out and no way to get a line out...

Oh, I forgot to mention the $75 iPod LOD cable that has yet to come... so F&*K!!!!! 

What next?

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 7
is it absolutely necessary to be lineout? if not, then i would recommend the J3. no rockbox needed with full flac support and a very very great headphone out

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 7
of course i know they're not the same thing. but... the J3 really has a great HO. but hey if you say it matters that much, then i guess you gotta get lineout. go ahead and get the sansa fuze. sounds like it'll do everything you need. lineout and FLAC support with rockbox. 

May 15, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 7
yea i've had the same problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back