From Super fi 5 pro to Triple fi?
Oct 4, 2008 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

energie

100+ Head-Fier
So i just bought a pair of super fi 5 pro, so far i like how they sound but i have a problem.

When i stop listening music my ears hurts.....those UE rly hurts my ears with high frequencies, maibe they are too new and need some burn in?

I'm using stock medium silicone foam, been trying different model with no luck.
I ordered comply foam too but they are not arrived.

Anyway after a week i already lost my patience, when i go to sleep my ears keep sounding "fifiiiiiiiiiiiiiisiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii", you know what i mean, high frequencies shock. After a day, i still have this sound insisde my ears, im really scared.

For this problem i'm looking for a replacemen, my goal are Triple fi or shure 530, cant see anything better on the market.

Will i have the same problem with the Triple fi?

I'm looking for more basses and less hurting highs.
Another thing i noticed is that the super fi 5 pro lack in bass, not sure if it is a fit problem or whatever but i want more basses
smily_headphones1.gif

I could only gain decent basses pressing the UE with my fingers, but u know that's not a good solution :|

In the end, i need an help
biggrin.gif

Help me to decide!

thanks everyone

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
better fit, better bass and less high freq? that sound like UM2
wink.gif

Sounds like a plan.

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 15
Time to put plan into action.

btw, OP, can consider SE530 if u prefer triple drivers.

the lack of bass with SF5P is probably bad seal. the UE bore diameter is bigger than Westone and Shure IEM

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 15
I hope you guys understood my problem. High frrquencies hurt my ears not the fit, even if it is nothing special.
Btw who has better bass ? Triple fi or 530.
Um2 could be a good choice but i can't find them here....im euro.

Oct 4, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 15
sorry, maybe i dont stressed it. UM2 and SE530 both has rolled off high so their high is less than SF5P. TF10 has better "high".

i suspect UE has good high freq due to their large bore diameter.

Oct 4, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 15
If you dislike the Superfi 5 pro's highs you are going to hate that of the Triplefi 10 even more cause it's brighter IMHO. So it's not much of an option for you. The Shures should do the job, but if you are looking for something bassy you should try the UM2 instead.

Or you could wait for the reviews of the new Senns, dark and warm has always been the Senn house sound.

Oct 5, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #11 of 15
You might not like triple fi as I also feel they are a bright sounding IEM.
I am considering to return my triple fi to get some other warmer sounding phone.
This can be good or bad and might be the same case for SE 530 too, but triple fi gives LOTS and LOTS of details / separations in musics.
And some songs don't sound fun anymore to me because of that, not all but some songs...

Oct 5, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 15
I own the superfi-5 pros and have considered moving up to the Triple-fi's, but frankly I'm waiting for some reviews on Sennheiser's IE7 or IE8's. That on-phone bass tweaking screw, gimmick though it may be, sounds interesting and since I've always had a strange appreciation for the Senn sound, sometimes preferring even my CX-400's over the 5 pro's for comfort, fit and a bit more kick in the bass when I need it. I'm curious to see how the Senn IE8's compare to the triple-fi's, being that they are pretty close in price, but haven't read anything yet about the quality of sound.

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by energie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i just bought a pair of super fi 5 pro, so far i like how they sound but i have a problem.

When i stop listening music my ears hurts.....those UE rly hurts my ears with high frequencies, maibe they are too new and need some burn in?

I'm looking for more basses and less hurting highs.
Another thing i noticed is that the super fi 5 pro lack in bass, not sure if it is a fit problem or whatever but i want more basses
smily_headphones1.gif

I could only gain decent basses pressing the UE with my fingers, but u know that's not a good solution :|

In the end, i need an help
biggrin.gif

Help me to decide!

thanks everyone

Based on your complaints regarding a lack of bass and too much high end (something that I and many others here have never experienced), I would guess your problem is most likely a fit issue. The UE5s are not supposed to be jammed into your ear canal, as many other IEMs are. Instead, they are designed to seal at the entrance to the ear canal. Try using the large silicone tips, wet them, and then gently try to get a seal at the entrance to the canal. You'll know you have a seal when you gently pull on them and they create a slight suction. You've got nothing to lose.
BTW, I have many IEMs, including the UM2s, and to my ears, when a proper seal is achieved with the SF5 Pro, few IEMs surpass it in bass quantity. It's very much a "fun" IEM. Good luck.
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #15 of 15
sure im going to try, i really hope this is my fault.

Brb

EDIT: keep trying but nothing, i do have a decent soung pushing them with my fingers, otherwise the highs are shrill to me and my ears almost hurts.
Damn it am i too sensible too highs? i cant use thse in ear more then 5 min
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back