From an ad on eBay
Jun 5, 2006 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sejarzo

Headphoneus Supremus
......for a Rane HC-6 pro headphone amp:

"Under most conditions, the HC 6 produces sound pressure levels in excess of 120 dB. This level is above the threshold of pain and is suitable for most listeners."

Does anybody else find that as humorous as I do?

Maybe I should email the seller: "I like listening well over the threshold of pain because it feels so good when I stop! Can you guarantee me that it will be painful under most conditions, because if it's only painful part of the time, I might not like it?"
basshead.gif
blink.gif
eek.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7418117174

Jun 5, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 7
"SPL levels suitable for any dominatrix who wants maximum effectivenss with special clients."
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1
"SPL levels suitable for any dominatrix who wants maximum effectivenss with special clients."
very_evil_smiley.gif

Shiny shiny, shiny headphones of leather.
icon10.gif

(Velvet Underground- Venus in Furs & AT L-3000
tongue.gif
)

Jun 7, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1
very_evil_smiley.gif

You pretty much echoed what was going on in the back of my mind, with the "threshold of pain" thing.

Well, it sold for only $137.50, so "she" can subject six clients simultaneously to exquisitely intense aural pain for only about $23 per "connection". Quite the deal!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Maybe HeadRoom should be watching out for an order of a six-pack of HD201's to go along with it............."the perfect headphone for commercial applications like museums and dental chairs" (wink, wink)....and......"quality that will withstand the rigors of being knocked around the home/office for a very long time to come."
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo
You pretty much echoed what was going on in the back of my mind, with the "threshold of pain" thing.

Well, it sold for only $137.50, so "she" can subject six clients simultaneously to exquisitely intense aural pain for only about $23 per "connection". Quite the deal!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Maybe HeadRoom should be watching out for an order of a six-pack of HD201's to go along with it............."the perfect headphone for commercial applications like museums and dental chairs" (wink, wink)....and......"quality that will withstand the rigors of being knocked around the home/office for a very long time to come."
evil_smiley.gif

I always preferred Grado's for this application. I like to hear my screams when the electro shock thingy comes in really.

the rs-1's match's her paddle and has a very dark demonic sound that fits in with the mood you know....

"Oh no not the hot wax treatment...I swear I been a good boy..no Audiogon for me your highness"
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back