Friggn poor luck when leaving Japan: dead iPod mini
Jun 3, 2008 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wower

1000+ Head-Fier
I only have a couple of months left in Japan before I head home and my blue iPod mini, gifted to me by my very own grandma, finally died. Don't bring the situation up again because it's tragic.
frown.gif

I can't live without my tunes and I need to find a replacement iPod stat! I'm going to buy it online from Rakuten because they normally have good prices and I can get it quickly. I'm having trouble picking between the Shuffle and the Nano and I beg the wise peeps of the portable forum, a forum I have scarcely visited, for help.

Please be sitting down:
**I am not looking for strict SQ only**
**I am not using this with an amp**

This will primarily be used for running, which leans toward the shuffle, but I listen to Podcasts, which makes having no screen seem like an issue. Plus, the Nano is just cooler, for bopping around Sapporo and Tokyo from time to time. Before I pull the trigger, is there anything you portable head-fi gurus can add?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 8
Nano.

The size is not really an issue as it is teeny. Plus, if you ever want more down the road, you have it and video podcats can be real fun.
BTW: If you go running - that clip isnt that sturdy...

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 8
The shuffle doesn't have the bookmarking ability of the nano (outside of purchased tracks off Audible or iTunes). If you listen to audiobooks that is an issue. I agree, get the nano. It will make you forget about the mini.

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks to the members of the portable audio forums! Lots of good advice. Things move fast on the net. I already put my order in and it comes on Sunday COD. A black 8GB nano. I didn't feel the need to poll on the colour. I felt I could handle that hurdle myself.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Glanced at the thread but admittedly it's a bit beyond my EE abilities not to mention time commitments. The iPod mini is engraved so it's not worth much to anyone. Thanks for the thought though, it's just a goner. I'm happy to be getting a new nano even it I wasn't expecting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back