Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Nov 3, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #241 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyRx7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with this 'personal experience' argument, when deployed as an objective contention (i.e. you 'disagree' with the theory), is that someone else can, and many do in fact, feel that their 'personal experience' indicates the opposite conclusion of your 'personal experience'. At that point, there is no resolution beyond comparing the legitimacy of member x's subjective experience vs. member y's subjective experience. So for example, if I have noticed significant differences in headphones, in particular my old SR-80's, over time, are you telling me my experience is less legitimate than yours? I, for one, will not tell you that your experiences are 'wrong' - they're just different than mine, and this difference could be a result of myriad factors (i.e. the headphones we used were different, our systems are different in important respects, we hear differently, we listen differently, etc.) There is no reason to deride another's experience because yours is different.

Perhaps this is why people get so worked up over these arguments - they essentially boil down to certain members telling other members their experiences are worthless and ignorant, which is basically a personal insult and shows a fundamental lack of respect for what others have to contribute to a (in the ideal world) constructive discussion. The respectful thing to do would be to share your thoughts and personal experience, by all means, but refrain from at the same time telling others theirs must be wrongheaded.

And that is why DBT's are so important.

Nov 3, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #242 of 433
Just got back from PO. Here are some pics:

dsc02321nx7.jpg

dsc02322bd4.jpg

dsc02323zi3.jpg

dsc02324vw6.jpg

dsc02326dg3.jpg

dsc02327mq7.jpg

dsc02328vs8.jpg

This PC is VERY heavy compared to the BlackSand ones I have.

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #243 of 433
wow..that looks sweet..let us know how it sounds

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #244 of 433
Will do...letting it burn in for now.

EDIT: Wow, right off the bat, the increase in bass details really surprised me (probably due to the high ga. this PC has). I'm using it on my Apache.

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #245 of 433
Just got the PC. It is very heavy so I will have to think of a way of setting it up so that it won't pull my DAC off the shelf. Too bad I don't have time to try it out this weekend as I have a big deadline on Tuesday.
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #247 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got the PC. It is very heavy so I will have to think of a way of setting it up so that it won't pull my DAC off the shelf. Too bad I don't have time to try it out this weekend as I have a big deadline on Tuesday.
frown.gif

The way I did it was by putting 2 banker's boxes under the cable, near the level of the jack on my CD player. This is unsightly of course, but it isn't a very visible location here. However, my source does weigh about 23 pounds or something, so my problem was the cable pulling out of the jack, not the player itself lifting up...

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #249 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would they make a power cord that is overly heavy?

That's just dumb.

Probably intended for floor based amps or other on the floor components.

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #252 of 433
Quote:

That's just dumb.

Because people equate high price, heavy and good build quality to good sound quality. It seems to be working
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #253 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heavy means it's high quality.
evil_smiley.gif

Besides, you can brag about how heavy your power cord is to people who can't appreciate the revolutionary 24/192 upsampler circuit in your DAC. The weight also reinforces placebo, which is at least an important factor in these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back