Free CD's and DVD's
Mar 1, 2007 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gz76

1000+ Head-Fier
So I was thinking... over the years I've collected quite a lot of CD's that come with a 'free' bonus disc containing video clips, etc (although these quite often cost a couple bucks more). For the life of me tho, I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and played one of these discs. It used to be that they were quite painful as they were authored in Director so you needed to be at a PC to enjoy them, or you needed the right video codec, or some other issue got in the way. On newer discs, I've noticed there's a trend towards DVD's which you can play directly through your TV/HT/HIFI, yet I still don't take the time to view them. Tonight I'm going to make an effort to round up all of my bonus DVD discs and check them out - maybe I'll find they were just marketing ploys to help sell CD's and there's nothing useful on them, or maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and find some real gems. If I do I'll be sure to make a note of them here.

What about you... do you actually watch these discs? Are there any you'd recommend people check out, and if so why?

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bonus discs? I've never heard or seen them, unless the movies that came with the KFC seasonal promotion counts as one.

You know... they're usually sold as a 2 disc set.

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 6
Unearth III came with a DVD. I watched it, it was good. It had a making of and about an hour of live footage.

Mar 2, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 6
It's nice when you get music videos along with the CD as a bonus disc, in my opinon. Some of them are pretty cool to watch. But those bonus discs that make you connect to the internet and register and fill out forms. . . yeah, those never get played on my computer. They just sit in their cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back