Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Jan 26, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #4,217 of 12,087
So... Compared to a DT1770 and HE-400i or a second hand D5000, these are still good value? I want to order one really badly, but am not entirely sold yet as I get the feeling there is an unrealistic hype surrounding these cans.. 

IMHO they're the best closed headphones short of the ether C. So, yes. Comparing it to the HE400i is very apples to oranges. I like the HE400i better if I could only have 1. The HE400i also isn't $299 any more, it's back to $450+. Also simply not a fair comparison to put up a used headphone against a new headphone in terms of value.
I don't think the DT1770 comes close, but I'm generally not a fan of the Beyer house sound, so take that FWIW.

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #4,218 of 12,087
IMHO they're the best closed headphones short of the ether C. So, yes. Comparing it to the HE400i is very apples to oranges. I like the HE400i better if I could only have 1. The HE400i also isn't $299 any more, it's back to $450+. Also simply not a fair comparison to put up a used headphone against a new headphone in terms of value.
I don't think the DT1770 comes close, but I'm generally not a fan of the Beyer house sound, so take that FWIW.

Alrighty then I am going for the X00 as I already have the HE400(rev2). Speaking of the Ether C, how are the isolation on those?

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #4,219 of 12,087
Can anyone do a brief comparison between a lcd2 fazor and th-x00?
I'm looking for something a bit more bassy, accentuated and fun compared to the k7xx and with more bass punch.
I've been looking at the lcd2 fazor and th-x00 because of aesthetics and possibly being what I want from a headphone. I understand they're completely different headphones, but I hear a lot of people compare the two. Overall I prefer a open sound better with a large soundstage.
The next headphone is the last I'm going to buy for a while. Should I jump in upcoming drop?

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #4,221 of 12,087
Can anyone do a brief comparison between a lcd2 fazor and th-x00?
I'm looking for something a bit more bassy, accentuated and fun compared to the k7xx and with more bass punch.
I've been looking at the lcd2 fazor and th-x00 because of aesthetics and possibly being what I want from a headphone. I understand they're completely different headphones, but I hear a lot of people compare the two. Overall I prefer a open sound better with a large soundstage.
The next headphone is the last I'm going to buy for a while. Should I jump in upcoming drop?

LCD2f has it beat in soundstage, though it's not a real strength of either (they're okay in this regard, just not comparable to other top end open cans in openness). LCD has better quality bass, but THX00 has more midbass slam.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #4,222 of 12,087
Hi!

Can someone give a direct comparison of the TH-00x with the D5000? I've been using the D5000 for the past 4 years, and looking for an upgrade right now.

I love the D5000, it's light, and the bass is great, but it can sound slightly muddy at times. I have no problems with the occasional treble peaks found in the D5000 so harsh treble isn't a hug problem for me. My main focus is ease of listening and clarity with good soundstage. 

The TH-00x drop of MD is starting soon, wondering if I should take the plunge and replace the D5000 with them as my main headphones.

Thank you in advance~ 

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #4,223 of 12,087
Hi!

Can someone give a direct comparison of the TH-00x with the D5000? I've been using the D5000 for the past 4 years, and looking for an upgrade right now.

I love the D5000, it's light, and the bass is great, but it can sound slightly muddy at times. I have no problems with the occasional treble peaks found in the D5000 so harsh treble isn't a hug problem for me. My main focus is ease of listening and clarity with good soundstage. 

The TH-00x drop of MD is starting soon, wondering if I should take the plunge and replace the D5000 with them as my main headphones.

Thank you in advance~ 

I think it's an upgrade on a stock D5000. Just not a "wow, oh my god, this is a totally different headphone!" Upgrade. It's subtle at best. But then again the difference between the D7000 and D5000 was subtle at best as well.

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #4,229 of 12,087
Damn you impulse buying! Drop joined
smily_headphones1.gif
Will they usurp the D2k though???

easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back