Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Dec 7, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,727 of 12,089
You slamming the phone as the worst you've heard in a while and rather have beats would leave me to believe you are straight up lying. Yes I'm calling you a liar. Blunt enough for you? DecentLevi

jude if my posts are an issue, let me know and I'll edit it

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #1,728 of 12,089
Is possible to use earpads from Hifiman on these headphones? Since I'm in China and it's not easy to get those Brainwavz or Lawton pads, while Hifiman pads can be bought conveniently, Hifiman's pads could be my only choice to play with these headphones...

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,729 of 12,089
On the other side of the argument is that Beats actually has a few cans that sound quite acceptable. I've tried several without any bias, and was actually quite pleased with the sound of the Mixr. Not enough to buy it though. You should try it actually. Also on the other side is that there is a possibility that I had actually tried it, and that I would have no reason to otherwise say so.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #1,730 of 12,089
Would you be willing to write an official review on the thx00 saying what you said then? No other agenda than to tell the truth and be blunt right? On a new thread reading thx00 review or go to the Head-fi review section. Please rate it, review it which way you like and make it official.

This way people can see your reviewing and make a impression on how you hear headphones.
On the other side of the argument is that Beats actually has a few cans that sound quite acceptable. I've tried several without any bias, and was actually quite pleased with the sound of the Mixr. Not enough to buy it though. You should try it actually. Also on the other side is that there is a possibility that I had actually tried it, and that I would have no reason to otherwise say so.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #1,731 of 12,089
  Is possible to use earpads from Hifiman on these headphones? Since I'm in China and it's not easy to get those Brainwavz or Lawton pads, while Hifiman pads can be bought conveniently, Hifiman's pads could be my only choice to play with these headphones...

Isn't Brainwavz from Hong Kong?

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,734 of 12,089

I was actually considering your point of view .... Until you said some of the beats headphones are kind of good ? For what I know, beats use cheap Chinese drivers, none was in house made, being plastic. So...cheap driver is weaker magnet, and plastic is slower than bio-cell (regardless of microbial or plant bio-cell). There is no way under the blue sky any beat headphones can even compare to the fostex.

Now I am talking about technologies stand point only, raw and pure.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #1,735 of 12,089
I do believe you're right about the shoddy construction of Beats, and have even posted similar myself as well. I'm also not a supporter of their products because of their profiteering, brand, etc. In fact I came to the Beats line-up with low expectations. However, against all odds, after a 20-30 min. critical listening session at a quiet BestBuy, about 1 of 7 of their 'cans actually did give me some of the best soundstage I've ever heard from an on-ear headphone (Mixr), as well as a fairly neutral FR and quality treble (albeit somewhat 'plasticy' bass and too musical overall). Fostex can never compare to Beats? Well I'd say they could if you were to compare perhaps the worst of one brand to the best of the other. Even Beyerdynamic and Audio Technica have come out with some real doozies amoung other flagships. Just goes to show to not judge a book by it's cover - nor a headphone by words alone in this case. Anyway I'm finished here.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #1,736 of 12,089
Bye.
, against all odds, after a 20-30 min. critical listening session at a quiet BestBuy, about 1 of 7 of their 'cans actually did give me some of the best soundstage I've ever heard from an on-ear headphone (Mixr), as well as a fairly neutral FR and quality treble (albeit somewhat 'plasticy' bass and too musical overall). Fostex can never compare to Beats? Well I'd say they could if you were to compare perhaps the worst of one brand to the best of the other.

Anyway I'm finished here.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #1,737 of 12,089
  I do believe you're right about the shoddy construction of Beats, and have even posted similar myself as well. I'm also not a supporter of their products because of their profiteering, brand, etc. In fact I came to the Beats line-up with low expectations. However, against all odds, after a 20-30 min. critical listening session at a quiet BestBuy, about 1 of 7 of their 'cans actually did give me some of the best soundstage I've ever heard from an on-ear headphone (Mixr), as well as a fairly neutral FR and quality treble (albeit somewhat 'plasticy' bass and too musical overall). Fostex can never compare to Beats? Well I'd say they could if you were to compare perhaps the worst of one brand to the best of the other. Even Beyerdynamic and Audio Technica have come out with some real doozies amoung other flagships. Just goes to show to not judge a book by it's cover - nor a headphone by words alone in this case. Anyway I'm finished here.

I'm frankly amazed that you'd come into a thread, post a 'review' purely consisting of negative accusations which have seemingly no corroboration with the statements of others and drop some vague BS about 'don't judge things by their cover' and expect to be taken seriously.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #1,738 of 12,089
Hey you never know maybe he's onto something. I haven't heard them yet personally and won't have them til Friday. In his profile it says he likes Alpha Dogs and HD600 sound, both of which I own which are marvelous and balanced sounding. If these don't sound as good as Alpha Dogs then I'll probably sell them.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #1,740 of 12,089
man, this thread is so crazy. 99% of the commenters have never even heard the finalized production model, and we're getting catfights, people enraged it doesn't beat out a $1200 flagship clearly in every way, etc.  This is probably the most head-fi thread on head-fi.Just need to resurrect a good old DBT flame war and it will have everything, all before almost anybody has even heard the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back