Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #2,431 of 18,765
Quote:
Just ordered from Moon Audio. Hope they are actually in stock, especially since I paid extra for 3 Day shipping.
-Daniel

Congrats!  I know a shipment just arrived for most of the vendors in the States a couple of weeks ago, so it's possible that they still have some in stock.
Remember to post up your impressions!

On a side note, does any one have any ideas on the maintenance requirements for the egg protein earpads of the TH-900?  I was hoping that information was available in the box but it's not. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #2,432 of 18,765
Just got an email from Drew saying they won't have them in stock til early December-so I requested an immediate refund. I wish they weren't so (intentionally?) vague on their site about this. Will be ordering from AudioAdvisor(?) or TTVJ once I receive the refund-will keep you posted as that happens.

-Daniel

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #2,433 of 18,765
Quote:
Just got an email from Drew saying they won't have them in stock til early December-so I requested an immediate refund. I wish they weren't so (intentionally?) vague on their site about this. Will be ordering from AudioAdvisor(?) or TTVJ once I receive the refund-will keep you posted as that happens.

-Daniel

TTVJ does the same thing.  It says In Stock.  Email Todd and he will tell you that they don't have them in but will soon, etc.

At least that is what happened when I ordered from him.  Otherwise, it was a great experience with TTVJ.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #2,434 of 18,765
Working in digital communication, I will be the first to say it's hard for a local shop to stay up on dynamic inventory streaming for their website. That's expensive. Just give em a call or send an email. We value shops like Moon Audio for their stellar customer service and value they add to our industry, but complain when they aren't automated like Amazon. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #2,435 of 18,765
Quote:
Working in digital communication, I will be the first to say it's hard for a local shop to stay up on dynamic inventory streaming for their website. That's expensive. Just give em a call or send an email. We value shops like Moon Audio for their stellar customer service and value they add to our industry, but complain when they aren't automated like Amazon. 

Then the Stock Level should say:  E-mail or Call.

In-Stock means in-stock.  Out of stock means out of stock.  

I knew that TTVJ, despite saying it was In-Stock on his website, would most likely not have them in and e-mailed beforehand.  I was correct.  The experience with TTVJ was an awesome one.  I highly recommend him.  But this is the age of convenience.  I'm not holding it against him, because I'm sure, like you said, he has his reasons...but In-Stock is misleading.  

Unless in-stock means something else and I'm just missing it? 

Anyways, not the point of the thread and it's really not that big of a deal.  Patience is key, and the TH-900s are worth the wait.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #2,436 of 18,765
They are worth the wait! And fair enough. I might make the suggestion to Drew to have "call or email" on his site. It's possible it's completely outsourced and he has little involvement. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,437 of 18,765

-Daniel

I love Moon, but that really is their sole failing, at times. Otherwise they are a great company to do business with.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #2,438 of 18,765
I ordered mine, with a10% discount for liking them on Facebook, from Front End Audio http://www.frontendaudio.com/.
The site led me to believe that they had them in stock. They emailed and told me that I was at the top of the backordered wait list, with the  option to cancel the order if I didn't want to wait. Nobody else had them at the time, and the coupon made for some savings  ($200!!), so I just waited. Finally got them a little over a month later.
Not sure if their Facebook promotion is still going on.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2,439 of 18,765
Son of a gun I think Drew was right-nobody seems to have them. FrontEnd won't have them til late December-I just called. TTVJ says in stock but it sounds like I shouldn't even bother emailing them. Drew says early December. BTW he just refunded me in full, and I may just order with him again since it looks like he will supposedly have them the quickest. Does PriceJapan currently have them in stock-there is no indication I can see on the site...?

-Daniel

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #2,440 of 18,765
Quote:
Son of a gun I think Drew was right-nobody seems to have them. FrontEnd won't have them til late December-I just called. TTVJ says in stock but it sounds like I shouldn't even bother emailing them. Drew says early December. BTW he just refunded me in full, and I may just order with him again since it looks like he will supposedly have them the quickest. Does PriceJapan currently have them in stock-there is no indication I can see on the site...?

-Daniel

Yeah, they order them in small batches.  I noticed that when TTVJ was getting his in, so was Headphone.com, Moon Audio, etc.  It seems Fostex Japan ships them in small orders to the US so once supplies is out from that run, we have to wait another month or so for a new batch to come in.

I'd just place the order and wait it out.  Not sure about Pricejapan though.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #2,441 of 18,765
Sorry for interupting you
It would be great if the (already) TH-900 owner would post their amp in this topic
http://www.head-fi.org/t/619974/amp-recommendations-for-fostex-th900
Thank you!

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #2,442 of 18,765
Quote:

TTVJ does the same thing.  It says In Stock.  Email Todd and he will tell you that they don't have them in but will soon, etc.

At least that is what happened when I ordered from him.  Otherwise, it was a great experience with TTVJ.

This also happened with me when ordering from TTVJ though it wasn't much of a problem waiting and the customer service was great.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #2,443 of 18,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokendog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does PriceJapan currently have them in stock - there is no indication I can see on the site...?

Not sure about Pricejapan.

PriceJapan never has any stock. They aren't a shop, but an export company.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #2,444 of 18,765
I put in an order for my own TH900 from Moon Audio today - well technically last night. 15% off for Black Friday made it a sweet deal.
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637550/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals-from-head-fi-sponsors

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2,445 of 18,765
New TH900 owner checking in (serial number 36x). These look absolutely beautiful out of the box and being a former D7000 and D5000 owner, I can easily say these are better and not only by a small margin. I am currently listening to electronic music (progressive house) with the TH900s, and from all the headphones I got, these will be my favorite for that genre most definitely. I am running them out of the SPL Phonitor and Burson HA-160 as the primary amplifiers and the Mytek 192 DAC as the source. I do not have the ear cup swivel problem described earlier by some of you, but considering the fact that the serial numbers are in the 3xx range, maybe they fixed it?

Anyway, now I know what all the fuss was about. These are spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back