Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced
Feb 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #106 of 392

i tried them, wasn't impressed

Oh, I see that mochll has another alias?  
wink.gif
  Just kidding - thanks for your input. But your input doesn't count considering you have the JH13's lol!

Fwiw, I wasn't impressed with them either until I found the right tips that provided a good fit and seal. They were then transformed into amazing sounding iem's (for me).

Anyway, I still hope to get some impressions from people who have both the M200's and the TE05's. And I hope to get some of your TE05 impressions (assuming you are getting them?).

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #107 of 392
It's actually iemagnet, 
tongue.gif
 (jk big time here)

I hope most people here will be able to compare the fostex and heavens if they have any.

The latest ba releases would be great to compare these fostex against as well, like the im-02, doppios, and even hybrids like H3s, so we know where they fit. (even the DUNUS)

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #108 of 392
  It's actually iemagnet, 
tongue.gif

I hope most people here will be able to compare the fostex and heavens if they have any.

The latest ba releases would be great to compare these fostex against as well, like the im-02, doppios, and even hybrids like H3s, so we know where they fit. (even the DUNUS)

Well, both @DannyBai and @ericp10 are getting them I think, so let's look forward to that!

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #109 of 392
  It's actually iemagnet, 
tongue.gif

Don't lump me in with that guy; thats a great insult.  I don't hype.  

From what I've read so far, they are pretty neutral/reference grade iems.  Which the im-02, doppios and hybrids aren't; maybe neutralish but not like the Fostex's.  This is what I predict anyways from reading and a friend who has them.  Quite jelly of her right now actually.  But I'll take a stab that a lot of people won't like it; as much as people like to say they like flat/neutral sounds they typically really don't.  

Being compared to UERM is no small feat.  UERM were one of my top choices for my next CIEM, but if these can compare well with them, saves me a grand or so.  

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #110 of 392
That's true, I can't wait for their impressions! (It's thanks to eric that I didn't pull the trigger)

I was just hoping even more headfiers would be able to compare them though.

Err.... @TekeRugburn 

I didn't mean to offend, that was just a joke. I see that i took it too far. I thought the tongue symbolizes that as a joke. 
frown.gif
 Well I won't say no more about that then, other than I'm sorry.

From what you stated, the fostex may just be the martin logans in an iem sized package, just like mochill stated about his impressions.

Your friend is pretty dang lucky. I wonder if people will actually start to hate them though..I agree that some or a good amount will, but I haven't seen that on the martins lately. I guess because they're $90 cans..

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #111 of 392
  That's true, I can't wait for their impressions! (It's thanks to eric that I didn't pull the trigger)

I was just hoping even more headfiers would be able to compare them though.

Err.... @TekeRugburn 

I didn't mean to offend, that was just a joke. I see that i took it too far. I thought the tongue symbolizes that as a joke. 
frown.gif
 Well I won't say no more about that then, other than I'm sorry.

From what you stated, the fostex may just be the martin logans in an iem sized package, just like mochill stated about his impressions.

Your friend is pretty dang lucky. I wonder if people will actually start to hate them though..I agree that some or a good amount will, but I haven't seen that on the martins lately. I guess because they're $90 cans..

oh sorry if i came off as rude, i just really hated reading that guys comments.  He was the worst kind of troll, a stubborn, uninformed, hype troll.  

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #112 of 392
Looking forward to the Heaven V vs. Fostex comparisons. Thought I do think I may want more the more engaging sound with a unique draw like the V or FX750 esp. if the Fostex turn out to be "too" reference and some start to say that they are technically excellent but don't hold their ear more than something with a particular sound. This is why we wait for the real world owners. Impressions from a show or meet are fine but just isn't the same as living with them.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #113 of 392
I don't have the V with me right now but the TE-05 is quite impressive. Doesn't sound too lean or too warm. I can tell the V is warmer. The bass on the Fostex is very tight and punchy. Shows up on some EDM which impressed me so it's there. More impressions later.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #116 of 392
Feb 11, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #117 of 392

oh sorry if i came off as rude, i just really hated reading that guys comments.  He was the worst kind of troll, a stubborn, uninformed, hype troll.  

Nah, it's cool. I won't mention that again, as I fully agree with your statement. He irritated the heck out of me.

Now I hope eric gets his fostex and hype it up enough to make us pull the trigger on them. 
tongue_smile.gif

Well, I will do that after they drop in price, that second pair of martin logans just killed my chances..

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #118 of 392
Oh I already decided to pull the trigger. Just waiting for someone to post it on the FS forums to save a few bucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back