Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #1,321 of 4,778
For MMCX connectors for the iBasso IT03 on a Copper Series IEM Mk2 cable, which section do I choose under IEM for connectors?

I'm guessing Westone? but just want to make sure. Anyone have a Foza cable for the IT03 willing to comment?

-Note- email already sent to Forza, just thought I'd ask here as well

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #1,322 of 4,778
  For MMCX connectors for the iBasso IT03 on a Copper Series IEM Mk2 cable, which section do I choose under IEM for connectors?

I'm guessing Westone? but just want to make sure. Anyone have a Foza cable for the IT03 willing to comment?

-Note- email already sent to Forza, just thought I'd ask here as well

I know the Westone socket is different to the Shure one but not sure about the iBasso sockets. They might both be MMCX but some manufacturers use different insertion depths. For example my stock Westone cables are more recessed than the one on Shure so the cable won't clip onto the Shure plugs. I am sure if you specify what headphones they are for in the description he will sort you out okay though.

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #1,323 of 4,778
   I am sure if you specify what headphones they are for in the description he will sort you out okay though.

This last bit is the most useful advice- when commissioning a cable from a nice boutique cable manufacturer, don't be shy to mention which headphones they're for- they will often know about oddities of fit, where they need a slimmer plug etc.. Make it really clear which headphone you need it for, and you're more likely to get a cable that works.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #1,324 of 4,778
Oh i won't be ordering till I here back from them regardless. Hopefully that happens in his usual timely manner.

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,326 of 4,778
Oi, @Matez - you still owe me one of your nice cable bags.. you were going to send it a week or two ago.. 
cool.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #1,329 of 4,778
What is the difference between the pyre and the hybrid iem cable?

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #1,331 of 4,778
Just got my apple cck replacement cable from Forza this morning and I am please to say it works with my Ipod ios 10.1. I went for the Silver/copper hybrid, it was expensive but judging by what I am hearing it is really worth it. Improved clarity and dynamics, crystal clear bass and a much improved wider soundstage. Oh and it looks nice too! I would add this to the list of ios cables to use with Chord without hesitation. A great cable for those wanting to get the best out of the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back