Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Sep 25, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #1,261 of 4,778
Another lovely cable- this one is a Claire MK2 balanced cable:

Very nice-looking and sturdy, not microphonic and generally easy to live with. Another fast turnaround on the order, too. I have had consistently great experiences dealing with Forza, couldn't be happier with their products or service- and as a grumpy sod, I rarely say that.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #1,262 of 4,778
  Another lovely cable- this one is a Claire MK2 balanced cable:

Very nice-looking and sturdy, not microphonic and generally easy to live with. Another fast turnaround on the order, too. I have had consistently great experiences dealing with Forza, couldn't be happier with their products or service- and as a grumpy sod, I rarely say that.

Another masterpiece from Matez, what you noticed and what has been added in the headphones? after replacing the cable.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #1,263 of 4,778
  Another masterpiece from Matez, what you noticed and what has been added in the headphones? after replacing the cable.

Well, going balanced on my HE400i certainly adds soundstage and improves instrument separation and detail over unbalanced, on a proper amp. I'm not really much of a believer in cables colouring sound unless there's something really wrong with the cable, though, so don't expect me to say silly things about cable burn-in 
cool.gif

The standard Hifiman unbalanced cables are stiff, awkward and microphonic, so it's a no-brainer that I would replace them with something less ugly and awkward. I have a direct replacement unbalanced to 3.5mm as well as a balanced cable from Forza for these headphones, and they're much nicer to live with. Comparing balanced and unbalanced is certainly noticeable, though.

They're beautiful and well-behaved cables, and I can't say enough nice things about how quick and friendly the service was. The headphones have never looked, felt or sounded better. It's always a bit of a treat to get Forza to build you a cable 
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #1,264 of 4,778

Well, going balanced on my HE400i certainly adds soundstage and improves instrument separation and detail over unbalanced, on a proper amp. I'm not really much of a believer in cables colouring sound unless there's something really wrong with the cable, though, so don't expect me to say silly things about cable burn-in 
cool.gif

The standard Hifiman unbalanced cables are stiff, awkward and microphonic, so it's a no-brainer that I would replace them with something less ugly and awkward. I have a direct replacement unbalanced to 3.5mm as well as a balanced cable from Forza for these headphones, and they're much nicer to live with. Comparing balanced and unbalanced is certainly noticeable, though.

They're beautiful and well-behaved cables, and I can't say enough nice things about how quick and friendly the service was. The headphones have never looked, felt or sounded better. It's always a bit of a treat to get Forza to build you a cable 
wink.gif

I can't decide which cable to order from my friend Matez.
or again buy the copper cable.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,266 of 4,778
just had my whiplash hybrid cable reterminated by Matt (ZX2 trrs)

very happy with the price, the very quick  turnaround (3 days to fix and 3 more days for it to arrive) and the work , and i am getting ready to send him a 2nd(cheaper) hybrid cable for trrs termination 

thanx Matt

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #1,267 of 4,778
  just had my whiplash hybrid cable reterminated by Matt (ZX2 trrs)

very happy with the price, the very quick  turnaround (3 days to fix and 3 more days for it to arrive) and the work , and i am getting ready to send him a 2nd(cheaper) hybrid cable for trrs termination 

thanx Matt

you use it on a Sony Z2?
Can you show in the picture?

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #1,268 of 4,778
  you use it on a Sony Z2?
Can you show in the picture?

yes it's for sony zx2 , the trrs retermination

i have a crappy cellphone so no pics, but he did a great job - in fact i just sent him one more hybrid cable of mine to do the same (zx2 trrs) retermination

Oct 11, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #1,269 of 4,778

yes it's for sony zx2 , the trrs retermination

i have a crappy cellphone so no pics, but he did a great job - in fact i just sent him one more hybrid cable of mine to do the same (zx2 trrs) retermination

it doesn't matter.
most importantly - you're happy.
if zx2 sounded a bit louder.
I would think about buying it.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,270 of 4,778
Hello,

I'm interested in a FAW cable to my Hifiman HE400S.
I'm thinking in the Claire HPC Mk2.
The headphones will be used essencialy with my DAP Pioneer XDP-100R wich has a top bumper that i don´t want to remove.
Because of that, can someone please tell me which is the máx outer diameter of the Viablue 3.5mm jack?
Thank you in advance.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,271 of 4,778
Hello,

I'm interested in a FAW cable to my Hifiman HE400S.
I'm thinking in the Claire HPC Mk2.
The headphones will be used essencialy with my DAP Pioneer XDP-100R wich has a top bumper that i don´t want to remove.
Because of that, can someone please tell me which is the máx outer diameter of the Viablue 3.5mm jack?
Thank you in advance.

better ask this question to the manufacturer on the website.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,272 of 4,778
Sounds amazing with the Lyr 2 (going to get some Lissts soon as well to experiment), the sound stage is way bigger than any other closed headphones I have tried before and will be even bigger when I get my Bifrost upgraded to multibit once it's available in the UK. The FR to my ears is mostly flat but with a bit of peak at the sub bass end and high/mid treble.

In the background is a Hifiman HE400I with another Noir HPC but tbh the DT1770 sounds better in almost every way so I haven't used them for a while (the HE400I have a very small sound stage considering they are open back and the FR is just a bit too flat and analytical for me to relax listening to them even with a tube amp).

Hi,

I am considering an upgrade cable for my DT 1770.
I like the Forza one you are using but it seems a bit expensive to my budget.
Could you look at 3 other options I have here and suggest one:

1.AliExpress
$55

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-5m-5ft-L-type-plug-6core-4N-OCC-Silver-plated-Headphone-Cable-Upgrade-Cable-for/900546_2038486076.html

Because it looks too promising...6core-4N-OCC-Silver-plated...

2.Furutech "ADL iHP-35XII"
$100

3. Nocturnal Audio Hydra V2
$150
http://store.treoo.com/nocturnal-audio-hydra-v2-4-conductor-silver-copper-hybrid-custom-cable.html#

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,273 of 4,778

Hi,

1.AliExpress
$55
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-5m-5ft-L-type-plug-6core-4N-OCC-Silver-plated-Headphone-Cable-Upgrade-Cable-for/900546_2038486076.html

$100

$150
http://store.treoo.com/nocturnal-audio-hydra-v2-4-conductor-silver-copper-hybrid-custom-cable.html#

$150

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #1,274 of 4,778

Hi,

1.AliExpress
$55

$100

$150

Well the first link doesn't work for me, the second one I can't find but the third one looks okay. To be honest it is hard to really say if a cable is good by looking at a picture and I would personally still go for the Noir HPC as I know what quality they are YMMV though. Sorry for the not very helpful answer but I don't think I can really say anything more about cables I have no idea about 
redface.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #1,275 of 4,778

Well the first link doesn't work for me, the second one I can't find but the third one looks okay. To be honest it is hard to really say if a cable is good by looking at a picture and I would personally still go for the Noir HPC as I know what quality they are YMMV though. Sorry for the not very helpful answer but I don't think I can really say anything more about cables I have no idea about 
redface.gif

the person must first listen and then make a decision.
everyone can give advice, but hear and love everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back