Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,096 of 4,778
 Does Forza have a USA distributor? I don't like the idea of ordering Internationally. 

I ordered mine directly from him using EMS. I picked up the package safe and sound.

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #1,098 of 4,778
Ordered my Noir HPC MK2 the 13th april, and recieved it the 29th. The quality is top notch, definitely worth the money and wait.

A few pictures of the cable. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #1,099 of 4,778
  Nope, you can only order from Matt directly, but he's a great guy to work with. I wouldn't worry. You'll just be pissed by the VAT, but it's the nature of the beast.

Not sure why you'd have to pay VAT outside the EU since VAT is only applicable for EU. Custom Art waives off VAT when ordered outside EU. I think the way around this is that VAT is waived off if you order shipping method as a courier which gives you 23% VAT off, but higher price on courier, resulting in approx the similar price, but with a much faster and safer delivery.

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #1,100 of 4,778

Not sure why you'd have to pay VAT outside the EU since VAT is only applicable for EU. Custom Art waives off VAT when ordered outside EU. I think the way around this is that VAT is waived off if you order shipping method as a courier which gives you 23% VAT off, but higher price on courier, resulting in approx the similar price, but with a much faster and safer delivery.

Edit: VAT was included in the price I paid. Sheesh, I'm dumb. I'll be ordering by UPS shipping going forward.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #1,101 of 4,778
Yes, exactly. i have basically 3 options

1) Shipping by courier like UPS/DHL or so. The courier takes care of all the export documents for 0% VAT  (BTW. The official textbook for how to fill it in has around 100 pages and the export documents are like usually just 2-3 pages :) ), but its on expensive side - around 50-60Eur worldwide.
2) Shipping by EMS. The 0% VAT export documents can be prepared by 3rd party company for around 30Eur plus EMS itself is 39Eur. Kind of crappy option....
3) Shipping by Polish Post Registered Letter. Cheap, cheap and once again cheap - 6Eur, but in that case cannot be shipped with 0% VAT option, even with export docs from 3rd party company. Good deal for small orders when the VAT amount makes it not worth upgrading to courier service.

In a civilized EU country the authorities are not treating your company as a potential criminal and they have MUCH, MUCH simpler 0% VAT export procedures.and they can ship the package with simple registered letter mail with tracking  with 0% VAT rate. Unfortunately due to bureaucracy in Poland everything is more complicated.

I am sure that Peter from Custom Art is sending all his packages using courier services, hence 0% VAT rate :)

I hope it will clear some things up :wink:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #1,102 of 4,778
  Yes, exactly. i have basically 3 options

1) Shipping by courier like UPS/DHL or so. The courier takes care of all the export documents for 0% VAT  (BTW. The official textbook for how to fill it in has around 100 pages and the export documents are like usually just 2-3 pages :) ), but its on expensive side - around 50-60Eur worldwide.
2) Shipping by EMS. The 0% VAT export documents can be prepared by 3rd party company for around 30Eur plus EMS itself is 39Eur. Kind of crappy option....
3) Shipping by Polish Post Registered Letter. Cheap, cheap and once again cheap - 6Eur, but in that case cannot be shipped with 0% VAT option, even with export docs from 3rd party company. Good deal for small orders when the VAT amount makes it not worth upgrading to courier service.

In a civilized EU country the authorities are not treating your company as a potential criminal and they have MUCH, MUCH simpler 0% VAT export procedures.and they can ship the package with simple registered letter mail with tracking  with 0% VAT rate. Unfortunately due to bureaucracy in Poland everything is more complicated.

I am sure that Peter from Custom Art is sending all his packages using courier services, hence 0% VAT rate :)

I hope it will clear some things up :wink:

He sends packages from UPS for Non-EU countries for about  40 EUR (120 Zloty) and is tax excluded. Thanks for taking the time to clarify this. Well appreciated.

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #1,103 of 4,778
Got my Noir cable in today for my Oppo PM-3. Looks just as gorgeous as my Noir Hybrid for my LCD-2. The difference in sound versus the stock cable is nowhere near what it was for the LCD-2. If there is any change it is very subtle. It feels like things are smoothed out a bit and weird treble peaks in some songs seem to be tamed by comparison. Bass quantity is the same, which is great as I feel the PM-3 is pretty balanced except for the treble rolloff, which I like because I have tinnitus and highs hurt a lot at the volumes that I enjoy. Anyway, quantity aside, bass seems a little more clear and controlled. I feel like I can hear the amp characteristics more clearly. This setup is so sexy and awesome sounding. Portable nirvana.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #1,106 of 4,778
  Nice! Looks sweet.
How long did it take for you to receive it? From order till delivery?

Took a few weeks and it hadn't shipped so I emailed and upgraded to UPS delivery and it got to me 3 days after that. Couldn't get a refund on the VAT so Matt is going to take it off of the next cable I order as a discount.

Bear in mind that I got a custom length (1.2m) so mine had to go into the custom order queue. He has standard lengths in stock.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #1,107 of 4,778
double post

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #1,108 of 4,778
I just got my Noir Hybrid back today after sending it to Matt for re-termination. There and back time was 19 days using USPS 1st Class International and Polish Post. The shipping both ways was quick and inexpensive, no tracking numbers however.  I have no reservations doing business with Matt, and have not found his being international a concern.

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,109 of 4,778
  I just got my Noir Hybrid back today after sending it to Matt for re-termination. There and back time was 19 days using USPS 1st Class International and Polish Post. The shipping both ways was quick and inexpensive, no tracking numbers however.  I have no reservations doing business with Matt, and have not found his being international a concern.

do you have other cables from this company? you can make a comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back