Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Jan 31, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #2,236 of 3,854
  Who'd a thought the Inthewalldo fan club would spring from Sweden
biggrin.gif

You ought to pitch that to the F1 steering committee.  "Look guys, if you want to make the racing exiting you need more nutters on the grid, You know the guys that don't realize when it's safe to pass and have no comprehension of the basic rules."  It would certainly be cheaper than all the other stuff they are considering.

Maldonado knows the rule it´s just that he pushes 110 % of what his capabilites are all the time. Nothing wrong with that. We need to get back to the days when you really had to push and nearly kill yourself to win Grand Prix victories not running smart do tire, fuel saving and cockblock faster opponents on track taking advantage of the bad air for the car behind.

Anyway if the F1 committee would get part of the sponsor deal they would favor him for sure.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,237 of 3,854
  Maldonado knows the rule it´s just that he pushes 110 % of what his capabilites are all the time. Nothing wrong with that. We need to get back to the days when you really had to push and nearly kill yourself to win Grand Prix victories not running smart do tire, fuel saving and cockblock faster opponents on track taking advantage of the bad air for the car behind.

Anyway if the F1 committee would get part of the sponsor deal they would favor him for sure.

Maybe that is one of the reason (apart from luck) that he won the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix 
etysmile.gif

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #2,238 of 3,854

Maybe that is one of the reason (apart from luck) that he won the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix 
etysmile.gif

He is a GP 2 champion as well. Easy to forget :)

I would love to see him in a top class car again. Not going to happen though.

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #2,239 of 3,854
  He is a GP 2 champion as well. Easy to forget :)

I would love to see him in a top class car again. Not going to happen though.

Truck perhaps. Probably duke it out with Villeneuve now that his mouth lost him another ride.

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #2,240 of 3,854
http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

:frowning2: 

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #2,243 of 3,854
Next is banning extra money to legacy teams hopefully.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #2,244 of 3,854
Yes. I think the EEC investigation into that one will be a motivating factor.

Who knows, we may even see the return of real tyres.

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #2,245 of 3,854
 it made entering F1 less attractive to companies considering an entry, as they were controlled by the same restrictions at the same time as those who were already taking part, but without the benefit of the race experience accrued.

Bernie really wants VW in F1, isn't he..

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #2,246 of 3,854

Bernie really wants VW in F1, isn't he..

I think that boat has sailed. The only real hope is that once the carnage begins Porsche or Audi get absorbed by some conglomerate with a desire to enter F1.

I am wondering if this will have any effect on the Aston Martin decision to run away.

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #2,247 of 3,854
I have to say Renault's driver line-up must be my favorite for this season.. No b*llsh*t attempt-to-attract-sponsor-lineup like McLaren, giving a chance to 2 exceptionally talented young drivers.

And here's to hoping Verstappen will take Kimi's place when he retires.

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2,248 of 3,854
  I have to say Renault's driver line-up must be my favorite for this season.. No b*llsh*t attempt-to-attract-sponsor-lineup like McLaren, giving a chance to 2 exceptionally talented young drivers.

And here's to hoping Verstappen will take Kimi's place when he retires.

Yes. IntheWaldo's departure made way for a very good line up.

I am still luke warm on Verstappen. This year will be a proving one in a lot of ways. No matter what, if he is not in a competitive car next year he risks becoming yet another great hope that got stifled.

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #2,250 of 3,854
Terrence Stamp?

He's lost weight.

And yet the rumours persist of some form of return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back