Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Feb 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #46 of 3,854
Lewis is my favourite driver in the races/championship, but Kimi is my favourite driver for interviews and all things media related.

Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think so it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.

:D Love it!

Edit:

Sauber throws down with the best looking Sauber to date!

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #47 of 3,854
I love it too.

Lewis had so much baggage the last two years it dragged him down.  I didn't care for that, but absolutely respected his performances.

But even more so, Alonso's.  Best driver last year.  So much so, I wondered if Ferrari's car actually was good despite them saying it wasn't.  It's not like Felipe was far off the pace most of time.  And towards the end, he was right there.

Sauber release: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/2/14233.html

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #48 of 3,854
Quote:
Vanity panel.

Now I see what you're talking about...

"Utilising the cosmetic fairing, or ‘vanity panel’, allowed in the 2013 regulations to partially mask its step, the edges of the nose of the C32 now sweep smoothly downwards, enhancing the car’s front-end aerodynamics, while its sidepods are notably slimmer than the Formula One norm."

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #49 of 3,854
And thank god Todt too. The 2012 cars fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Agree as well, Alonso drove brilliantly last season - best driver of the season. I think he's the most complete driver out there today: fast, most consistent, great strategist, unflappable. On the other hand he has the whole team developing around him and has a wingman.

And the company CEO loves him.. perhaps a little too much. :D

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #50 of 3,854
Quote:
And thank god Todt too. The 2012 cars fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Agree as well, Alonso drove brilliantly last season - best driver of the season. I think he's the most complete driver out there today: fast, most consistent, great strategist, unflappable. On the other hand he has the whole team developing around him and has a wingman.

And the company CEO loves him.. perhaps a little too much.
biggrin.gif

As great as Alonso is, and he really is a great driver by himself, I do wonder where he would have been in the championship without Massa helping him out. And my my, looks like the CEO likes to get to know his drivers very well 
wink.gif

As for that Sauber, that is one beautiful car! The livery is SO SO SO much better.

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #53 of 3,854
Quote:

As great as Alonso is, and he really is a great driver by himself, I do wonder where he would have been in the championship without Massa helping him out. And my my, looks like the CEO likes to get to know his drivers very well 
wink.gif

I guess thats the Italian way. They're really into physical gestures/contact to make a point.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #55 of 3,854
I'm a little sad to see Lewis leave McLaren.  As far as I could tell, he appreciated the history of the team as much as anyone else.  I also have a special place in my heart for his MP4-23 since its aerodynamic complexity still blows me away. (Not that current F1 cars aren't complex).  And for what it's worth, I hope Perez does well with them.  However, I'll still be rooting for Lewis.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #58 of 3,854
My mums friend works for McLaren designing and sketching the cars, sent a cap signed by Hamilton and Button for my brother.

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #59 of 3,854
You mean, like an engineer?

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #60 of 3,854
Yep, he helps design the cars, sounds like an awesome job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back