Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Apr 2, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #3,211 of 3,854
F1 journalist went crazy yesterday.

Alfa Romeo set to bail out McLaren in shock takeover!

Giovinazzi set to replace Raikkonen for the Chinese GP

Shock as Rosberg returns for Mercedes – Bottas out

Hamilton quits F1 as Alonso gets Mercedes drive

Lol it´s not enough with one april fools joke? 

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #3,213 of 3,854
I just pull all the headlines in a google search and filter from there.

Nice to see some agreement on the decision to go away from the "weed whacker" engines. Though what VW is doing in that working group is beyond me. Hope rides high, reality though with road relevance being bandied about could well end up with 3 cyl engines
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #3,215 of 3,854
  http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/599891/Hasegawa_We_thought_it_would_be_easy/
You have to feel for Mclaren and Alonso what a pathetic job Honda have done in their third year.

That is really scary to read. That an organization like Honda, who have been in F1 before completely blindsided themselves and apparently continue to do so with the current motor, has got to be one of the largest corporate failures in motorsport.

Alonso claiming they could be down 30km in top end had me stunned when I read it. China will be a brutal experience for the team no doubt.

Jensen, good call mate, this was one year you did not need to experience.

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #3,217 of 3,854
  Honda will fix it, eventually, maybe. Now the token system is gone they can redesign the whole engine mid-season if needed.

Sure, but in the meantime the loss of points may well bankrupt Mac. The issue becomes one of how could Merc get it right, Ferrari come up to snuff, Renault close the gap and Honda with a free pass on a new engine initial design go so wrong.

Chine will be a real tell for the future of this year.

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #3,218 of 3,854
McLaren get legacy money. They don´t have to perform to get a decent income more then most of the F1 teams so they should survive I am sure. 

China will be interesting. Australia tend to not be a very good sign of what is to come. I do really fear Merc will be back on top :p

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #3,220 of 3,854
  McLaren get legacy money. They don´t have to perform to get a decent income more then most of the F1 teams so they should survive I am sure. 

China will be interesting. Australia tend to not be a very good sign of what is to come. I do really fear Merc will be back on top :p

Thats just going to wind up being grist for the Liberty mill. The new owners not being terribly big on rewarding losers.

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #3,221 of 3,854
Quali was close .186 difference... Somebody got lucky...

Peace... 
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #3,223 of 3,854
Don´t understand the references :p

Ferrari should give the Sauber the current engine. Robin hood you know rich get to the poor so we get a more fair playing field.
I wonder if Wehrlein fake his neck injury because who on earth would want to drive such an incompetitive car that can never get competitive.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #3,224 of 3,854
  Don´t understand the references :p

Ferrari should give the Sauber the current engine. Robin hood you know rich get to the poor so we get a more fair playing field.
I wonder if Wehrlein fake his neck injury because who on earth would want to drive such an incompetitive car that can never get competitive.

We're referencing the qualifying times between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

An F1 drive is an F1 drive. Seats are just too rare. Just look at Alonso. Even after 3 years of Mclaren downturn do you think he would rather be at home or driving any car in F1 (no matter how slow)? Hell, Checo is driving an all PINK car! and we don't see him complaining.

Pretty sure Pascal isn't trying to avoid the car because of pace. Must be another reason whatever it is. But I and can attest to back injuries affecting one's ability to be in the car even without multiple Gs. Just shifting manually (doesn't apply to F1) was hard enough.

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #3,225 of 3,854

We're referencing the qualifying times between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

An F1 drive is an F1 drive. Seats are just too rare. Just look at Alonso. Even after 3 years of Mclaren downturn do you think he would rather be at home or driving any car in F1 (no matter how slow)? Hell, Checo is driving an all PINK car! and we don't see him complaining.

Pretty sure Pascal isn't trying to avoid the car because of pace. Must be another reason whatever it is. But I and can attest to back injuries affecting one's ability to be in the car even without multiple Gs. Just shifting manually (doesn't apply to F1) was hard enough.

yes but that sketch 187 stands for what? 

Not serious about Pascal faking it but in his mind I guess part of it feels thank god I don´t have to drive that. There is just nu future with the old Ferrari engine. Complaining about Honda engine but it´s quite a bit better actually and will improve. Ferrari 2016 will not. 
I guess F1 is now fun to drive again with the new ruleset though. 

If pink car is the fastest that is what you drive :D Though most F1 drivers dream is the Red car :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back