Forgive me, for I have sinned
Nov 2, 2007 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
Yesterday I happened to meet up with an old friend I haven't seen in years, and while on the road he was talking about his new (used) car. It has a Bose sound system, "which is like, the best." I just smiled and nodded, allowing such blasphemous words to pass without any retribution. Once we've gotten caught up some more, I promise I will try to save this one, but for now I am deeply sorry for my lack of strength in not telling him the Truth.

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has a Bose sound system, "which is like, the best." I just smiled and nodded, allowing such blasphemous words to pass without any retribution. Once we've gotten caught up some more, I promise I will try to save this one, but for now I am deeply sorry for my lack of strength in not telling him the Truth.

"The Truth?" Dude, don't you know? Bose really is the best!

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 63
Don't tell him - show him some other system which will blow his away. He will get the message. "Bose is the Antichrist of Audio."

Laz

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #5 of 63
It's definitely better than your typical factory sound system. You have to give some credit for that. If you don't want aftermarket audio in your car, but still want decent sound it isn't a bad route to go. Not the best I'm sure, but alright.

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 63
I'm not going to let you in my car and see my (factory-equipped) BOSE audio system.
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better than a typical factory system isn't saying much, it still sounded like a cardboard fart whenever it was above a soft volume.
plainface.gif

Better than a typical factory system is about the entire range of car audio.
tongue.gif

I say give him a break.

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #10 of 63
Bose is not that bad. It's pretty decent and i think if somehow tubes where installed, it would even sound pretty decent.

That being said, I never really bash Bose products because some of the thier stuff is legimately very good like their PA sound system for live bands and their portable speakers. Their acoustimass CD system is very weak though.

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #12 of 63
i too can't bring myself to knock sombebody's sound when they're so obviously into it; they're "6 SPEAKER SYSTEM!!!" or some such nonsense.........

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #14 of 63
Haahaa,

I just kept my mouth shut from now on when I see my rich friends blowing their money on BOSE.

I tried convincing them but they went on explaining how the bass was tight and controlled, how it's a very famous brand, how they look good.

"Don't diss my BOSE".

"But it sucks!", I muttered.

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #15 of 63
Don't ever tell him. A good friend of mine asked what I thought of his Bose system, and after I sat in his car cringing through a couple Massive Attack songs, I informed him that a huge chunk of the midrange was just plain missing. He was already pretty well aware that Bose isn't very good, but it still kind of crushed him, because I think he liked what he was hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back