For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
May 20, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #20,731 of 21,073
Roon > Violectric DHA V380 > HE1000 V2

Attachments

• Traveling Wilburys Vol1.jpg
    Traveling Wilburys Vol1.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 0
May 20, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #20,734 of 21,073
On the road, so I’m down to just a few IEMs and my trusty little Qudelix dongle for the summer. Today, it’s the Symphonium Meteor. While these are usually thought of as bass monsters, the selling point for me is their upper mid and treble range. Truly exceptional.

Symphonium Meteor < Qudelix 5K < iPhone (Tidal)

images

Yuja Wang Plays Mendelssohn (2022), Yuja Wang and the Verbier Festival Orchestra

A global rockstar in all but genre.
Missing her at Carnegie Hall last year when she played the Rachmaninoff marathon is one of my life’s greatest regrets…

May 20, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #20,735 of 21,073
Qobuz >> roon >> SMSL SU9 >> Violectric V222 >> Sennheiser HD800S :L3000:

roadslesstravelled.jpg

Roads Less Travelled (2019) by Martin Barre - I find it quite ironic but not surprising that Martin Barre is currently producing better music than his old band, Jethro Tull. This is a really impressive little album, with some fine tunes, great musicianship and three very good singers, it sounds fresh and lively with some wonderfully punchy bass playing from Alan Thomson. Ian Anderson breaking up Jethro Tull and then several years later starting it up again without Martin Barre or the others was a pretty underhanded move, though it did have one upside, it allowed the new guitarist to save enough money to inject some real momentum into his own project, Albion and their first album (my album of the year so far). The album sounds great through the V222 and HD800S, drums sound crisp and focussed, bass is punchy and textured, excellent vocals with some nice harmonising and great, great, great guitar playing. Enough rambling, I need to be in bed :darthsmile:

May 20, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #20,736 of 21,073
@jcgriff
Looking forward to seeing one of the Wilburys (Jeff Lynne) later this summer in his last tour.
Not many of those legends left...I miss Tom, Roy and George.

I was listening to Petty over the weekend. He grew up in Gator Country in Gainesville, FL near where I was raised before he went to California.
Geshelli J2 > HP8 > Bokeh

May 20, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #20,737 of 21,073
AKG K812 [w/Arctic Cables DEFINE hpc]<--Violectric V222 [w/Marigo Audio Lab ceramic isolation cones/bases]<--NeoTech NES(Y)-3002 RCA . . . <--Mojo Audio Mystique v.1 [w/Synergistic Research MiG Isolation Footers @ "Ambient" configuration] . . . <--Lenovo G50 (LAN)|Apple Music:

1716253471832.png

[SONY 1991]

1716253583921.png

May 20, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #20,738 of 21,073
roon => SMSL SU9 => Violectric V222 => Denon AH-D7200 :L3000:

Core (1992) by Stone Temple Pilots - A blend of Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden with great song writing ability, they should have been bigger but were possibly held back simply because of their similarity to those three bands. They certainly write great guitar riffs and Scott Weiland's vocals were up there with the best of them but they also sound great when they quiet things down a bit with class songs such as Creep. The bass / drums rhythm section sound really powerful through the D7200's, loads of low grunt and rumble. :darthsmile:
Huh. Yeah, like @Davidzak64 says, I'm surprised to hear this from someone outside the States! Super interesting. Though maybe my perspective is skewed because I'm from San Diego--where STP are also from--and I was in high school when this album dropped. These tunes were inescapable at the time. Even though their fandom was a different crowd from the Seattle grunge bands' fans (STP appealed more to the rocker crowd instead of the punk and indie kids), they were every bit as big as the grunge-era heavyweights!

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 11:46 PM Post #20,741 of 21,073
@jcgriff
Looking forward to seeing one of the Wilburys (Jeff Lynne) later this summer in his last tour.
Not many of those legends left...I miss Tom, Roy and George.

I was listening to Petty over the weekend. He grew up in Gator Country in Gainesville, FL near where I was raised before he went to California.
Geshelli J2 > HP8 > Bokeh

Lucky guy, seeing Lynn that is. So many of my favorites are gone, for me both Rock and Jazz. Of course that could be because I'm getting as old as dirt myself. Actively trying to find some "young folks" to add to the list.

May 21, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #20,742 of 21,073
Lucky guy, seeing Lynn that is. So many of my favorites are gone, for me both Rock and Jazz. Of course that could be because I'm getting as old as dirt myself. Actively trying to find some "young folks" to add to the list.
Saw ELO (at the time only known as Electric Light Orchestra) at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium sometime in the 70's. When going to the Civic I always bought tix in the last 2 rows (2,000 seat hall) for $5. It was the 1st headline show in America for the new band. They had a stand up bass player wearing a silver knights head thingy (and he was sitting down). They only had their debut album. They played great, and finished the show with Roll Over Beethoven. They left the stage, the house lights came-up (back then, encores weren't automatic). People wouldn't leave, so eventually the lights went back down, but the band had no more songs to play, so they played Roll Over Beethoven for the 2nd time. Great! Fans went wild. They left the stage, the lights came back on, but the crowd still was not leaving. Lights went down again, the band came back out, and they played Roll Over Beethoven for the 3rd time. Then the show finally ended.

Memories!

Leo

May 21, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #20,743 of 21,073
HiBy R8II + Qobuz + Empire Ears Raven (AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC) + Astral Acoustics Pulse 🐦‍⬛ 🖤

Such a haunting album.

Screenshot (May 21, 2024 1:12:07 AM).png

May 21, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #20,744 of 21,073
Koss KPH30i w Grado pads + Hiby R6P2
https://tidal.com/album/309757560?u

Discovered this week as part of my exploring more into americana, folk, indie music etc. Good songwriter and soothing voice, nice way to start my workday.

1000041234.png

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #20,745 of 21,073

Users who are viewing this thread

Back