For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
May 10, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #20,431 of 20,795
Very good, most impressive AüR model to me. The switches really change up the sound, can go from basshead L shape to more like neutral/transparent tuning.

Been going trough alot different genres today, enjoying it all 😁

1000039436.jpg
2 Bone Conduction Drivers per side?? I'd definitely be looking to read your impressions/ review soon.

May 10, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #20,432 of 20,795
Very good, most impressive AüR model to me. The switches really change up the sound, can go from basshead L shape to more like neutral/transparent tuning.

Been going trough alot different genres today, enjoying it all 😁

1000039436.jpg
Awesome, they are lookers for sure. remind me of coffee somehow. I really wish I could demo some of their stuff, one day.

The Callous Daoboys - God Smiles Upon The Callous Daoboys
1715379178591.png

Links for you!

QT-X / DC-Elite / Qobuz

headed to see the new planet of the apes movie in Dolby soon, big fan of that series. This EP rules, blending math metal with metalcore/jazz/nu-metal/scene music of the 00's. Really like the QT-X with metal too, meaty bass and nice treble extension.

May 10, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #20,435 of 20,795

Day 2 with the the LTA Aero. Tonight has been balanced output to Ferrum Hypsos Oor and Abyss Diana TC.
Rounding the night out with some classic weirdness.

May 10, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #20,438 of 20,795
Qobuz => roon => SMSL SU9 => Violectric HPA V222 => Sennheiser HD800S

tofollowpolaris.jpg

To Follow Polaris (2024) by The Tangent - New prog-rock album by The Tangent; I've listened to it a few times throughout the day and I'm liking it more with each listen. They started out in 2002 as a one off project including the talents of Roine Stolt and Jonas Reingold of The Flower Kings but Andy Tillison (vocals/keyboards) is the only original member left - after 10 studio albums and several live albums. If there is a weakness it's Tillison's vocals, they are not the strongest but they do the job and anyway, the music is good. The HD800S are really doing a great job with this album, lots of tiny details that would be hidden in the background through most of the other headphones I own. :darthsmile:

May 10, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #20,439 of 20,795
Roon/Qobuz => Yggy + GS2 => Vali 3 => HD 6xx - Been a bit since this has been on my head. Much better than I remember!

1715398454023.png

May 11, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #20,440 of 20,795
Qobuz => roon => SMSL SU9 => Violectric HPA V222 => Sennheiser HD800S

tofollowpolaris.jpg

To Follow Polaris (2024) by The Tangent - New prog-rock album by The Tangent; I've listened to it a few times throughout the day and I'm liking it more with each listen. They started out in 2002 as a one off project including the talents of Roine Stolt and Jonas Reingold of The Flower Kings but Andy Tillison (vocals/keyboards) is the only original member left - after 10 studio albums and several live albums. If there is a weakness it's Tillison's vocals, they are not the strongest but they do the job and anyway, the music is good. The HD800S are really doing a great job with this album, lots of tiny details that would be hidden in the background through most of the other headphones I own. :darthsmile:
How do you like the 800S? I have an opportunity to buy a used pair that hasn’t been used much in the year he’s had it for $875. Should I jump on it? I already have the 6XX and love it.

May 11, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #20,442 of 20,795
How do you like the 800S? I have an opportunity to buy a used pair that hasn’t been used much in the year he’s had it for $875. Should I jump on it? I already have the 6XX and love it.
I love them, they are my favourite headphone by some distance, they are in another league to the 6xx, or in my case the 650. They are far more detailed, sound stage is way bigger in all directions, imaging is laser sharp and they have a quite neutral. reference type sound. They don't have thumping bass, though to be fair, specially with the Violectric V222 driving them, there is plenty enough bass for me and it's punchy and textured, not the boomy mess you get with some headphones. Get ears on them if you can because the treble may be a little spicy depending on age - I'm 66 and it's perfect.

May 11, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #20,443 of 20,795
Fiddling with EQ profiles. Simulating other sets of IEMs. Simulating EQ settings for those other sets of IEMs. The Symphonium Meteor takes to EQ like a knife through butter. But the secret sauce is the UI for the humble Qudelix 5k. Makes it easy to layer EQ profiles when I'm away from a PC or laptop.

Symphonium Meteor < Qudelix 5k < iPhone SE (Tidal)

220px-Julian_Lage_-_Speak_to_Me.png

Speak to Me (2024), Julian Lage

I came late to the Julian Lage party, but that's also what listening to his albums sounds like: basement music for the afterparty.

May 11, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #20,444 of 20,795
iPhone 15 Pro Max > Qobuz > Cayin RU7 > Woo Audio W8 Eclipse > Empire Ears Raven

I'm so thankful my father introduced me to amazing music at such a young age. I still remember listening to Asia in our family's living room with my father on vinyl through his JBL L100's.

IMG_9D5644D00E60-1.jpeg

May 11, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #20,445 of 20,795
AüR Audio Aehta + HIBY FC6
Quite cool and experimental album, dub style electronica with Nu-Jazz vibes.

Dub, Downtempo, Experimental
Soundscape Versions presents the 4th release on sub-label Analog Versions and welcomes Laslo, DJ and Producer from Hungary. On this record he explores the lower tempo territories in a minimalistic way, fusing jazz influences with dub music and downtempo. The release was influenced by early electronic music released on the infamous hungarian label, UGAR and early nu-jazz records. Musically the main goal was to have a human, imperfect feel to the drums. As usual, everything was recorded live on the mixing desk. Instead of sequencing most of the synth parts were played live and additional guitar atmospheres were dubbed over some sections.
https://tidal.com/browse/album/326720701?u

1715407147930.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back