For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
May 9, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #20,386 of 20,854
RME ADI-2 DAC FS --> Feliks Audio Elise MK2 --> HD 800s

1715259894652.png

https://tidal.com/track/24054694?u

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #20,388 of 20,854
Joe Hisaishi & Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Music from Studio Ghibli
IMG_7614.jpeg
Szalayi / DC-Elite / Qobuz
links for you!!

Isn’t the first time I post this, probably won’t be the last lol. My favorite version of a lot of these songs, A Town With An Ocean View in particular… just in awe at the DC-Elite. What a device.

May 9, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #20,389 of 20,854
Joe Hisaishi & Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Music from Studio Ghibli
IMG_7614.jpeg
Szalayi / DC-Elite / Qobuz
links for you!!

Isn’t the first time I post this, probably won’t be the last lol. My favorite version of a lot of these songs, A Town With An Ocean View in particular… just in awe at the DC-Elite. What a device.
Beautiful soundtrack in the Studio Ghibli movies, lots of nostalgia listening to them 👌

May 9, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #20,390 of 20,854
Beautiful soundtrack in the Studio Ghibli movies, lots of nostalgia listening to them 👌
truly, there has never been a mood that wouldn't be helped in some way by the Hisaishi/Miyazaki combo.

all their soundtracks just sound like home to me.

May 9, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #20,391 of 20,854
Shhsssshh... I will

Continuing down my new rabbit hole of matching my headphones/IEMs to specific genres and recordings instead of using EQ to normalize everything. I've discovered that despite an FR graph that shows a massive dip in the upper mids and treble, the Symphonium Meteor just needs more volume to level everything out. The bass roars on these and scales fine with the extra gain. It becomes visceral.

Symphonium Meteor < Singxer SA-1 < Mojo 2 < PC (Roon)

Reign_in_blood.jpg

Reign in Blood (1986), Slayer

Continuing down my other recent rabbit hole ('80s metal), I discovered just how visceral this album can be with so much good, rich bass.
SLAYER!🤘

Sorry...reflexes 😁

May 9, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #20,393 of 20,854
Icon Audio HP8 > HD660S2

Gem of a comment down there: "For 20 years, I have been curious about what it would sound like if Mikael did something where he sang clean the whole time. So glad I am finally getting an answer!" ( After Dark Tranquillity's "Projector" album)

Now on CCA Trio

Zaum: Eidolon

2 atmospheric doom tracks

May 9, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #20,394 of 20,854
iMac > Qobuz > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE (NOS) > Schiit Freya+ Tube Pre > Ferrum OOR & Hypsos > Hifiman Susvara

I need to be up early so this is the last listen before I close out tonight's Jazz session.

While it's become in-vogue these days to knock the Susvara, I've yet to come across a headphone that is so true-to-life in its sonic presentation.

The closest I've come is the Dan Clark Audio Expanse.

Adding a tube preamp to my chain with the Ferrum OOR/Hypsos has taken my listening experience to a whole new level. The Susvara delivers details in spades, timbre true-to-life accuracy. The OOR/Hypsos provides the power and authority to transients coupled with the tube holographic presentation and natural tonality from the Freya+ fed by the analog like NOS Spring 3 source. R2R/NOS DAC with a Tube pre and Solid State Power amp is musical nirvana.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 1.08.38 AM.png
Aside from all of those brilliant players and great tunes, this is one of the best sounding recordings I've ever heard and sounds great just streaming through Tidal on my HiFiMan HE-X4's and Shanling DAP. Marcus Miller's bass is so well recorded! Can't imagine how analog and visceral it must sound from your set up. Thanks for posting!

May 9, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #20,396 of 20,854
Naim ND555 > BluMKII > Dave > Viva 845 > Atrium Closed. Lovely if you are a fan of trance and like to turn it up.

May 9, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #20,400 of 20,854
Venture Electronics SMG + HIBY R8 II

DSCF5076.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back