For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Apr 3, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #19,216 of 20,937
There are few cases when cover is almost as good as original. This is the case. Brass Against covers are worth listening.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 20.10.34.png
Still on M-Scaler > TT 2 > Envy Performance > T+A Solitaire P-SE

I should probably switch to Focal Stellia, but I do not want to disturb my first peaceful listening session in a 2 weeks or so.
How is the match between MScaler-Hugo tt2 combo and Felix Envy? I wandering if it worth to make this (no little) investment in the future. For the moment I use Fezz Omega Lupi when I want tubes sound.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #19,217 of 20,937
VE Grand Duke + HIBY R8 II
Not often I listen to rap, but this EP appeared on my daily discoveries. Cool vibe going on.

https://songwhip.com/little-simz/drop-7
1712170625448.png

Over to something completely different now after, Matteo Mancuso album The Journey.
Awesome playing, great guitarist.

https://songwhip.com/matteomancuso/the-journey
1712171824167.png

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #19,218 of 20,937
@ThEvil0nE congrats on your purchase :) The volume imbalance was supposed to be fixed in Finale due to better QC and potentiometer matching. Is is true?

My iDSD Signature is great match with Meze Advars and Audeze MM-500 (especially for grunge) but works great with Focal Clear MG and Focal Stellia.

As as side note to @iFi audio the pricing is so unfair to those who are located (even within EU) were Adorama does not ship. Another reason why I stopped investing into your gear.
Havent had experience of the past iterations but chan imbalance is still there but in the lowest volume level. Annoying pop still there during power up. One weird thing is with Amazon Music on windows PC via USB, it stutters when skipping within a track and does the same when hitting previous/next track. Not sure if this stutter is a known issue or more source based. I still have to try using the optical from my PC to see if it behaves differently. Other than that, for what it is, it has more than enough power on tap.

As far as your shopping situation, I use proxy services when buying stuff that’s Japan domestic only. Maybe you can use the same method.

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #19,222 of 20,937
First evening with my HE1000 Stealth. :o2smile:

HiFiMAN_HEKStelth_03.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #19,223 of 20,937
Apr 3, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #19,224 of 20,937
IMG_3528.jpeg
Nothing like some weather report to cap off a rainy blah day on a good note!
ZMF Autteurs - Liquid Platinum have this covered well

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #19,226 of 20,937
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #19,228 of 20,937
Another overnight sesh carrying on into the wee hours of the morning. I'm listening with the Oriolus Monachaa again, as I have been for most of the 24 hours or so I've had them. Given what I had read, I was expecting the Monachaa to be a more colored and less neutral tuning, but I have been surprised in a very good way. They have a lot of the articulation and dynamics in the low end that I appreciate from the Szalayis, but with a more reserved level and presentation. The tonal and timbral accuracy is definitely where these IEMs shine. I'm currently running them off the Cayin N8ii and I'd like to add for the record that they take the added warmth/harmonics from the NuTube channel quite well. 👍😎

As for music, I'm checking out another @rids57 rec, Magic Pie's 2015 album, King for a Day. I'm only a couple tracks in and I'm definitely enjoying the music thus far. I had never heard of this band before Rids posted about listening to this album and I'm glad I took his suggestion to give them a listen. 🤘😎

Edit: The third track, According to Plan, is definitely a highlight so far.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #19,229 of 20,937
Big new release day, Neo 5 at work with me.

New Knocked Loose

New Charli XCX

New Better Lovers
Still only couple of tracks available. Apple music says May 10th release. That knocked loose.

On P8

The moody Zuzmara from otherwise, largely, (neatly) frenetic album

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back