For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Jun 10, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #16 of 20,907
Yamaha HPH - MP8
DSC08799.JPG

Headroom Max

Rupert Neve Headamp
-
-

Jun 10, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #21 of 20,907
It's MT8 (not MP8), no? Why don't you start up a dedicated thread with a detailed review, if there isn't a thread yet?

Yes, MT8.....thank you.
I notice that this site often tracks - lags, behind my typing, and often, i just miss a misspelled or otherwise incorrect word or syntax error ..............as i type really fast.
Also, Im not allowed to edit my posts on this Fourm, as im restricted to " must be mod approved" regarding everything i write or post, so, when i post in error, there is nothing i can do about it.
Sorry.
Its actually not a lot of fun to press "post reply", and then your mistakes are left for all to see while you sit there waiting for a mod to approve it, then post it, and I can't even (edit-correct) the mistake(s).
= not fun for 3 weeks now.
But im still here, and i would estimate that most would have left this place by now........:)
Im patient, but im not endlessly patient.
So, we'll see .....

And the Yammy MT8 (closed headphone) is a wonderful and inexpensive gear.
It has a British EQ profile, ( very flat regarding response), upscales well, and plays well with all genres`.
Its a bit dangerous to own @$200.00 USD, because it'll show you what is wrong with your headphone collection, and not everyone wants to find this out......:)
What does it sound like?......... nothing else really.......... and if you like your mids slightly recessed in the background so that your bass and treble then dictate the overall <>V<> shaped tonality of your headphones, then this is not the set of headphones you would want .
For example, if you think that the AudioTech MSR7 is a game changer and a wonder in sound, then you will not like what the Yammy shows you about that one.....or about any Beyer or AKG or most Hifiman.
When you first hear them, you'll think..." mids", but you wont continue to perspective them exactly this way by the time a couple of hours rolls by, as your ears will adjust, and then you'll realize that all your headphones.....= uh oh.
But here is the thing about that.... If we just allow ourselves the option of personal freedom to then simply realize that each headphone affords us its own sound, and we just enjoy them ALL regarding that occupation instead of always trying to compare them with each other which is a self-defeatists journey into endless frustration, then, our entire headphone collection becomes like multiple favorite flavors of ice-cream, with each one having a special taste......and we can love them all.
Is Chocolate better then Strawberry?.....Is Caramel better then Butterscotch?........."well, it is if it cost $2500, and the other cost $349.99"........oh really?..............I dont always hear that proof in the flavors.......but other's mileage will vary.
Its this endless comparing that creates a genuine lack of joy in our listening experience if all we ever do is compare them, instead of just listening to what each one offers us as its on special sound.
However, if you want flat, ruler flat, and like the idea of "studio monitors" on your head used to dig into your music collection, then this Yammy is absolutely dedicated to that end pursuit, as well as being used for studio work stuff.
They are easy to drive, the locking cables are very good for the price, the box is good, the case is sweet, and its a steal, for the price.
These headphones do not quite disappear on your head, but they are quite comfy....( i also use a custom headband adapter that offers more comfort on the top of my head)....and as i wrote previously.... the ear-cups are not deep, so, that is a consideration for some who need them deep to be happy.

Jun 10, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #23 of 20,907
Whaddya know, my current collection includes the Audeze LCD-4, Sennheiser HD 6XX, ZMF Ori, ZMF Blackwood, and I had a HiFiMan HE-560 not too long ago, and out of all of those the only ones I ever want to listen to are the ZMF Ori and Blackwood. Right now, Ori.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #30 of 20,907
Sennheiser HD 595. Sennheiser MX 760 at work (so right now).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back