For those in places where it snows....Potholes
Jan 24, 2018 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

loki993

500+ Head-Fier
I live in SE Michigan where there are roads here that are worse than roads in some 3rd world countries.

A road can be relatively fine until it snows, the plows go through and the road turns to complete garbage. They tear huge chunks of concrete and asphalt out of the roads leaving a bunch of small to medium sized potholes. Sometime we get lucky and get really big ones.

I've always been curious is this a michigan phenomena or do other state whtt get a fair amount of snow have the same issues?

I've lived in a few other places but the only one where it snowed on a regular basis was Pennsylvania and Colorado. Colorado didn't seem to have the issue, but it also doesn't snow nearly as much where I lived as it does in Michigan and they didn't use salt on the roads....not sure if that's significant.

Pennsylvania honestly I wasn't driving there long enough to really get an idea of how the roads were to honestly say if they were good or bad. Still nothing like the potholes in Michigan though.

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm in Michigan too. Previously lived in Virginia and Florida. (And a few other states when I was a baby.) Michigan is the only state I've known to have such bad roads. Thankfully the potholes aren't so bad in my area of the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back