Foobar2000 Issue
Aug 31, 2010 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Landis

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a quick answer to resetting a Foobar option where I gave Foobar authority/priority over other audio programs and I have already searched Foobar options, control panel sound options, sound card options and have not found this option a second time. Basically any time I turn on Foobar it freezes anything else running an audio file (podcasts, youtube, WMP, VLC, etc.) and it has become quite annoying. For those asking why I might have initiated an options like that, it was due to work related websites which had unavoidable audio playback.

Help on this would be much appreciated!

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 7
Did you by chance set Foobar up to use WASAPI out? If you did, I believe it takes priority over all other applications trying to use sound. To get around this you have to set it to use DirectSound out. At least that's how it is in my system. I don't recall such an option existing except in the Windows sound device settings if you're using Windows 7/Vista.

Aug 31, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Did you by chance set Foobar up to use WASAPI out? If you are, I believe it takes priority over all other applications trying to use sound. To get around this you have to set it to use DirectSound out. At least that's how it is in my system. I don't recall such an option existing except in the Windows sound device settings if you're using Windows 7/Vista.

Jesus, that was exactly it.

Thanks a bunch!

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm having some Foobar problems too as I just upgraded to Foobar v 1.1.

For some reason, despite all my setting being the same as before, apart from title, artist and album tags, most of the other info won't display in playlist view. I've checked the Property dialog boxes are have made sure the info is there, and anyway, the Item Details panel is displaying the information without any hiccups.

Here is a screenshot : http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l164/Jubei71/Audio/Foobar1_103.jpg

Anyone have ideas what the issue might be? Thanks!

And apologies for sort of hijacking the thread.

UPDATE : managed to get Genre to display now via adding $meta(genre) under the scripts > display tab. No idea why a basic tag like Genre would require additional commands to work though. Apparently Foobar now treats it like special meta data and not normal tag? Under this logic, obviously the playlist view preferences dialog will not recognize a re-configured Playback Statistics meta data, which still won't display despite working properly in the background when I played tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back