Foobar plays uber fast....
Jan 8, 2007 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
It's like listening to a cassette tape on fast foreward whenever another sound player while Foobar is playing music.

Example? If I have outlook open, and I get a new message, and it plays a sound, foobar starts playing really fast.

I have to stop the music, then press play. If I just pause it, then press play again, it still resumes the fast playing.

Anything that plays a sound will make foobar play fast if foobar is playing music.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Jan 8, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's like listening to a cassette tape on fast foreward whenever another sound player while Foobar is playing music.

Example? If I have outlook open, and I get a new message, and it plays a sound, foobar starts playing really fast.

I have to stop the music, then press play. If I just pause it, then press play again, it still resumes the fast playing.

Anything that plays a sound will make foobar play fast if foobar is playing music.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Winamp fixes this.
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 6
I had this exact same problem, oicdn. I have no idea what causes it. I bought a new computer and have not had this problem since.
evil_smiley.gif

JLai, I might actually use Winamp if it wasn't loaded with so much bullcrap bloatware.
tongue.gif
I do have a copy installed on my computer but I always get disgusted after using it for a short time. I remember maybe 8 or 9 years ago when Winamp was the foobar of mp3 players: free and incredibly simple. Now when I download Winamp I have to specifically uncheck the box that tries to offer me a free Jason Mraz mp3 or some other mediocre piece of banality.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had this exact same problem, oicdn. I have no idea what causes it. I bought a new computer and have not had this problem since.
evil_smiley.gif

JLai, I might actually use Winamp if it wasn't loaded with so much bullcrap bloatware.
tongue.gif
I do have a copy installed on my computer but I always get disgusted after using it for a short time. I remember maybe 8 or 9 years ago when Winamp was the foobar of mp3 players: free and incredibly simple. Now when I download Winamp I have to specifically uncheck the box that tries to offer me a free Jason Mraz mp3 or some other mediocre piece of banality.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thats basically how I felt about it a while back also. Then I figured out the channels are actually kinda fun to use.
tongue.gif
But you're right, they need to slim it down so it loads faster and doesn't take up as many resources. For the longest time, I refused to upgrade from 5.0.
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 6
hmm... odd that you mentioned it because my winamp does it on my laptop, but foobar works perfectly fine. Happened with iTunes if I recall as well.

This is my theory on it... On my laptop, when you plug it in or unplug it, the processor frequency changes, to save batteries and things like that. check to see if your processor's been overclocked at all, and maybe you could reset foobar and all the config files because maybe it's set for when you first started it up. I haven't tried though, this is just a guess. I just thought this because it only happens on my laptop which has variable processor speed.

Jan 9, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 6
Sorry to burst your bubble but there is absolutely no way that processor frequency could cause this, also, to my understanding processors do not scale frequency when they are connected to battery vs. dc, because you change procs frequency from the BIOS, which requires a reboot, but I could be wrong on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back