Foobar IPhone/Touch Remote Users - Fix Now Available
Sep 29, 2010 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
EDIT: A fix has now been released. See post 10 below.

(I have not tested it since I am still happy running the old Remote app.)

Apologies for yelling but this is important.

Do not update your iPhone or Touch Remote application. Steve is up to his tricks again. The update will lock you out of Foobar.

If you did update and have not yet synched with iTunes, it is not too late. If you want to be 100% sure of getting the old app back, first delete the app from your iPhone or Touch, then connect with iTunes. Right click on your device in the left-side browser in iTunes. Select Restore from Back-up. You will lose any data since your last synch but iTunes will reinstall the old Remote app on your iPhone or Touch.

(Note: it is possible that deleting the app from your iPhone or Touch and then just synching will restore the old app but I am not sure. What is certain is that if you download the new app and then synch with iTunes, you will be royaly screwed.)

Good luck!

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 16
Thanks a lot, though not very surprising
biggrin.gif

It is now more than 1 year that I completely ignore update from the OS or apps for my iTouch. Still under OS 2.1. My current Remote app works flawlessly with both my iTunes library and Foobar library.

I will certainly follow your advise.

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #8 of 16
Apple dun like their products to be used or taken advantage of by any other hardware or software that does not give them any royalty. Makes business sense of course but not so good when u are not a total apple fan boy.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #9 of 16
Thank you very much for this post Cooperpwc!

This has recently become my favorite iPod app/foo plug in and in a moment of middle-of-the-night-insomniac-weakness I updated the remote app to v2. Your restore from backup outlined above has me back in biz. Lesson learned - stay away from or be very weary of any/all Apple updates.

thx!

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 16
Didn't work for me. Failed to load DLL: foo_touchremote.dll
Reason: The specified procedure could not be found.  

By the way. I tried to jailbreak my iphone. Failed and I am forced to restore my iphone. Wanted to go back to 4.0.1 but failed as well because apple got really crazy about ppl trying to go back to the old firmware. So I am forced to restore and update to the latest 4.1. Then I see your post about the new remote. I dun know I should smile or not since it is not working for me yet. lol

Less action... more reading needed.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 16
may I know wat version I foobar u using? I updated to the latest. Thought it might affect the patch or maybe u are using a different OS. Vista? 7?

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #15 of 16
Not working for me also.

XP 32bit, foobar 1.1, foo_touchremote 0.1.2.1

Error msg: Remote can't connect to your iTunes library. Check your network settings and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back