Foobar. How do you sort by date?
Jan 12, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #16 of 22
Jan 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by skylaiden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the help so far. I figured out how to create a custom column, but how do I incorporate that "query pattern"?

My way to do it,
In Foobar,
search
in the tab type: %date% IS 2009
on the right click the option 'create autoplaylist '
yo`ve just created an autoplaylist, right click on the autoplaylist tab,
click autoplaylist,
yo`ll have the option to sort them, just type on bottom tab: %added%

Rename Autoplaylist
ksc75smile.gif

edit, sorry seems this one is named perfectly by foo, ""Year 2009", you don`t have to rename

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #18 of 22
sonci, that was completely clear and I was able to follow your directions. Despite this, my files don't sort properly, as it seems that %added% refers to when the songs were added to foobar library. However, I'd like foobar to sort based the "Date Modified" or "Date Created" fields in Windows Explorer.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My way to do it,
In Foobar,
search
in the tab type: %date% IS 2009
on the right click the option 'create autoplaylist '
yo`ve just created an autoplaylist, right click on the autoplaylist tab,
click autoplaylist,
yo`ll have the option to sort them, just type on bottom tab: %added%

Rename Autoplaylist
ksc75smile.gif

edit, sorry seems this one is named perfectly by foo, ""Year 2009", you don`t have to rename

wait sorry, this did not work. I tried it and did everything but i dont get the option to sort them

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #22 of 22
I'm new to Foobar and I've been trying to figure out this by myself for a while, but I can't seem to get it working. Basically, my Foobar looks like this is using Columns UI with foovert theme (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=78840&st=0):

How do I sort albums by year/date (chronologically) instead of alphabetically? I know I can click "year" at the top, but this won't stick and I have to do it every time I click on an artist. This is doing my head in! 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back