Foobar 2k Lame MP3 Encoding Questions
May 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sharkz

500+ Head-Fier
I have been using Winamp to encode CD's to Flacs. I decided I wanted to just convert songs to high bit rate Mp3's (320kbs) because that is what my ZVM handles. I have also read that Lame MP3's sound the best. I want to start using Foobar (moving from Itunes and winamp), the problem is that it just isn't user friendly right off the bat. I am wondering what the best visualization options are (giving better seperation into say, columns and removing the track number in the begining, with some visuals, album art isn't necessary). Also what are the best plugins to increase sound options?

Also my problem has been using Foobar to rip some CD's to MP3 using lame (with a VBR of 0). However when these CD's are ripped, they are showing up in other players (ie winamp and Itunes) with all symbols like squares after the song name, artist name, and album title. Is there any way to fix this?

I am also curious as to whether there is a lot of difference between using the Winamp MP3 encoder in comparison to the Lame encoder of Foobar? Sorry for the rambling nature of this thread, just had a bunch of questions for those in the know.

May 16, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 2
EAC is for ripping, not FB2K
smily_headphones1.gif

For tags, though, try going to advanced, and tagging, and play with the options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back