Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread
Feb 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #136 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's see your Skin Jenneth, are you a default guy or skinned out? -J/K.

I really can't stand the DUI, too plain for my liking. As for my skin, it's the Snowflakes V2 on the gallery. I'm sort of working on a Coverflow based skin at the moment--

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #137 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenneth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can try the Graphical Browser. It works with the latest version of Foobar. There are some interesting FB2K skins in the #foo-nation deviantART gallery

I'm familiar with that and it's what I'm looking for but unfortunately it's just for Columns UI at the moment. I'm not willing to give up Default UI. There is a note in that thread about another similar project for Default UI so there's still hope.

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #138 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by razmajazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm familiar with that and it's what I'm looking for but unfortunately it's just for Columns UI at the moment. I'm not willing to give up Default UI. There is a note in that thread about another similar project for Default UI so there's still hope.

Ah I see, yeah, I read something about a DUI compatible Album-Art based browser coming in the near future. Hopefully it'll actually happen this time.

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #139 of 461
@Jenneth cool. Coverflow? I though it was Chronoflow? Anyway..
I don't like the DUI either way too plain and inaccesible. I like have everything right there and easy to see and work with. YMMV.
I am using Kameleon right now...

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #140 of 461
Quote:

Coverflow? I though it was Chronoflow?

You're right, it is the Chronoflow.

Quote:

I am using Kameleon right now...

It's a very nice skin. I wonder what Brett is working on now...

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #141 of 461
The guy has some great ideas and is highly talented for skinning...I have been using this one for while as it has many features that everybody likes.
foo2.jpg

There is more then just me in the house the GF like the lyrics for her songs.
The little arrow above the top album will pull the entire album list across for browsing.
foo3.jpg

I have it all setup for remote also so I can control it sitting on the couch during parties. Everybody wants to mess with it though!
I will go and check out the skins on your link..thanx

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #142 of 461
Yeah that guy from Deviantart has some good looking skins! I like mine as follows, kinda simple... Used photoshop to create a better volume button and milkdrop replacing the spectrum analyzer (with presets selected to match color of the background). The search bar feature is everything I need for hours of uninterrupted listening pleasure... unless I can't name the album I want by memory and have to check the library :p

myfoobar.jpg

Feb 14, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #143 of 461
That is Xchange and it is a very cool skin with all the configuration and layout options you can really make it your own. You might want to try the sexy attached analyzers. It is an older winamp frequency analyzer but you can get some very unique and matched color settings for certain skins. Either way you have a great looking, functional skin there.

Feb 14, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #144 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by razmajazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the simplicity and stability of Default UI and with minimal effort you can add a little eye candy to make it look decent too.
I wish there was a component for browsing albums by cover art. With the DUI SDK finally out maybe I'll get my wish before long.

op6a68.jpg

2qvqyht.jpg

16lz9s6.jpg

Very nice and clean. I like!

Feb 14, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #146 of 461
Here is my updated setup. Not very flashy, but it is clean and functional.
smily_headphones1.gif

foobar.jpg

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #149 of 461
smily_headphones1.gif
like many others, I used the default UI for a long time because it was dead simple. When I finally got bored with it and started experimenting with other UIs, I was surprised at how useful/functional the many of the changes actually are (in addition to looking cool!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back