Foobar 2000 Screenshot Thread
Feb 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #121 of 461
LOL...C'mon guys, everyone knows the better it looks, the better the music sounds...
beerchug.gif

I have to admit ROB, when I first started using configs by Br3tt a while back, I was pulling my hair out...lol. I was switching from 9.5.2 for Panels then 9.6.8, then with my network drive some components were acting up. A few script changes so I can display artists the way I wanted etc... Once I got the hang of it, that was it. No turning back...It is not only the looks, different tabs have different features and it is just overall easier once you get the hang of it...

In reference to hooking it up to the HD tv, it's awesome. I plug my 7 laptop with Kameleon every once in a while. The wife even has to say "wow' that looks great then she says let me pick an album and mess with those tabs and arrows...lol

But again- different strokes for different folks and it is all good as long as the music sounds great...
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #123 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't listen to what? Oh ok...pull of the skin and look at nothing...Ah much better!
A skin player works just as easily as the stock or slightly modified one.
If they are too tricky for you that is OK...stick with the beginnner setup.

It has nothing to do with being a beginner or a veteran foobar user. The point is you don't need a fancy looking interface to effectively listen to music. Its just eye candy. It makes it "look" better, which I guess alot of people like. However I see it as useless garbage that only gets in the way. It makes technology appeal to average people who care more about looks than functionality. The same is true for the windows vista/7 "aero theme"

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #124 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
red stripes make cars go faster
popcorn.gif

The mind is a powerful thing...lol...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has nothing to do with being a beginner or a veteran foobar user. The point is you don't need a fancy looking interface to effectively listen to music. Its just eye candy. It makes it "look" better, which I guess alot of people like. However I see it as useless garbage that only gets in the way. It makes technology appeal to average people who care more about looks than functionality. The same is true for the windows vista/7 "aero theme"

You da man Carl...lol---You started this thread for some input and we did what you asked to help you...
atsmile.gif

From your opening post-

Quote:

I was wondering if you guys could post pictures of your Foobar 2000 interface in action. I want to get some ideas of good setups and learn a little more about it. Thanks to all who post.

beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #126 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa...it was a joke. I couldn't care less how you want to set up your system or player. However, somehow suggesting that I have limited functionality because of a skin is kinda off the mark to say the least.
If you want your player to look all simple...knock yourself out.
wink.gif

Most skins are designed to allow more funcitonality rather then hinder it.
Try a few, you might find one you like.

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #127 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...C'mon guys, everyone knows the better it looks, the better the music sounds...
beerchug.gif

I have to admit ROB, when I first started using configs by Br3tt a while back, I was pulling my hair out...lol. I was switching from 9.5.2 for Panels then 9.6.8, then with my network drive some components were acting up. A few script changes so I can display artists the way I wanted etc... Once I got the hang of it, that was it. No turning back...It is not only the looks, different tabs have different features and it is just overall easier once you get the hang of it...

In reference to hooking it up to the HD tv, it's awesome. I plug my 7 laptop with Chameleon every once in a while. The wife even has to say "wow' that looks great then she says let me pick an album and mess with those tabs and arrows...lol

But again- different strokes for different folks and it is all good as long as the music sounds great...
beerchug.gif

I mess with the skin because I like to figure out how they program the different function and modify the skin myself. They can be tricky at first and I think that is why some shy away or make excuses not to use them.

Funny that a person asks to see what people are using and then gets down on them because they are using something that looks better then some win 95 player.

To each their own.

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #128 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa...it was a joke. I couldn't care less how you want to set up your system or player. However, somehow suggesting that I have limited functionality because of a skin is kinda off the mark to say the least.
If you want your player to look all simple...knock yourself out.
wink.gif

Most skins are designed to allow more funcitonality rather then hinder it.
Try a few, you might find one you like.

On the Money.
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #130 of 461
I like the simplicity and stability of Default UI and with minimal effort you can add a little eye candy to make it look decent too.
I wish there was a component for browsing albums by cover art. With the DUI SDK finally out maybe I'll get my wish before long.

op6a68.jpg

2qvqyht.jpg

16lz9s6.jpg

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #132 of 461
Nice to see details about what your listening to? Also works great for keeping your music organized. On my player, all the albums are shown and are easy to navigate...instead of looking through 1000's of songs listings to find one. Just pick the album you want to listen to or playlists..etc.

To each their own though.

Feb 13, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #133 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by razmajazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the simplicity and stability of Default UI and with minimal effort you can add a little eye candy to make it look decent too.
I wish there was a component for browsing albums by cover art. With the DUI SDK finally out maybe I'll get my wish before long.

What? I only browse by albums to keep things organized. I use a few of the avilable skins though. Some of them use Chronoflow which puts your albums in a stack and allows you to thumb through them using the mouse wheel. -I also use aremote when I have the player on on the big screen during parties and Holidays.
Most allow you to list the albums for sorting.

Maybe you should check some of them out, or as you said program a new UI program,,etc. I have been messing with scriptings etc. Not quite tot that level yet though.

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #134 of 461
Quote:

Originally Posted by razmajazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can try the Graphical Browser. It works with the latest version of Foobar. There are some interesting FB2K skins in the #foo-nation deviantART gallery

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #135 of 461
Forgot about that plugin. Many of the skins offer graphical browsers as they make sorting and organization so much easier. Atleast for me anyway...

Let's see your Skin Jenneth, are you a default guy or skinned out? -J/K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back