Focal Utopia General Discussion
Oct 6, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #4,741 of 20,675
I guess these warranty repairs take a while. My Utopias are going back to Canada via Fed Ex ground.

I hope they are not sending them back via ground. After they get fixed, it would be almost a month turnaround, from the time I contacted my dealer.

Oct 6, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #4,742 of 20,675
I guess these warranty repairs take a while. My Utopias are going back to Canada via Fed Ex ground.

I hope they are not sending them back via ground. After they get fixed, it would be almost a month turnaround, from the time I contacted my dealer.

What is wrong with your headphones?

Oct 6, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #4,744 of 20,675
Failed right driver.

I actually thought with the amount I paid for these, they would expedite the process.

It was the same with Audeze. They acted like they'd never done a repair before, despite they've probably done hundreds if not thousands.

Those that have had driver failures (I mean, I think that's 100% of failed Utopias, right?), was there any visible damage to the driver?

Hopefully it's just a case of the coil separating from the Be dome. I'm guessing Focal intentionally skimped on the glue in order to make the whole assembly as light as possible. (By "hopefully" - I mean I know it's bad for the Utopia owner in question, but things could be a whole lot worse...)

Oct 7, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #4,745 of 20,675
I don’t typically answer this question but only because people here treat me like I made the warranty policy for Focal.

Here it is;
Buy from an authorized Brick & Mortar it’s a 5 year warranty
Buy from an authorized online only store it’s 2 years warranty
Buy from a non-authorized store NO WARRANTY
Warranty applies to the 1st owner and is not transferable to the next owner.
Non-warranted product can and will be repaired if requested but of course there is a repair cost charged.

I bought mine from Adorama who has a brick and mortar store, but it says 2 year warranty for the Utopias on their site. Where is 5 years listed anywhere officially? Thanks.

Oct 7, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #4,746 of 20,675
I bought mine from Adorama who has a brick and mortar store, but it says 2 year warranty for the Utopias on their site. Where is 5 years listed anywhere officially? Thanks.

Just be sure to purchase in store instead of online.

Oct 7, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #4,747 of 20,675
Adorama.com has Focal Open Headphones (Open Box) on sale when you apply promo code OCTOBER17. Shipping is free.

Prices below after promo code OCTOBER17

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #4,748 of 20,675
Adorama.com has Focal Open Headphones (Open Box) on sale when you apply promo code OCTOBER17. Shipping is free.

Prices below after promo code OCTOBER17

That's a sweet deal. I got open box photo equipment from Adorama in the past and most of the stuff looked brand new. The ones that didn't, only the boxes and packaging looked used.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #4,749 of 20,675
That's a sweet deal. I got open box photo equipment from Adorama in the past and most of the stuff looked brand new. The ones that didn't, only the boxes and packaging looked used.

Agreed, from what I’ve gathered they’re actually selling them new but put “open box” to get around Focal price point but who knows. I just got mine from a store near where I stay and I’m actually thinking really hard to send them back to save myself 1k. Came out to about 3300 after taxes.. I hope they don’t feel some type of way because of my return and from what I see there’s no restocking fee.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #4,751 of 20,675
That is a great deal. It seems like with all of these deals I see on the Utopia, they overpriced it at $4k.

I’ve been thinking that exact thing myself, if they resell that low after spending msrp the market isn’t really agreeing with them regarding their worth. Seems like the price point should’ve been 3k instead of 4k.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #4,752 of 20,675
Agreed, from what I’ve gathered they’re actually selling them new but put “open box” to get around Focal price point but who knows. I just got mine from a store near where I stay and I’m actually thinking really hard to send them back to save myself 1k. Came out to about 3300 after taxes.. I hope they don’t feel some type of way because of my return and from what I see there’s no restocking fee.

I bought mine when they first came out for $3400. No way I would pay that much now with the prices dropping.

It looks like the adorama ones are actually new.

Oct 7, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #4,753 of 20,675
I bought mine when they first came out for $3400. No way I would pay that much now with the prices dropping.

It looks like the adorama ones are actually new.

A 500 drop I can understand but close to half is just crazy. I checked the prices for some of my other highend devices and they’re still closer to the msrp price.. AK380cu, Sennheiser HD 800S, shoot even the original HD800 is primarily 1k used and sometimes less if not mint and want a rush sale..

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,754 of 20,675
A 500 drop I can understand but close to half is just crazy. I check the prices for some of my other highend devices and they’re still closer to the msrp price.. AK380cu, Sennheiser HD 800S etc.. no where near half priced even used..

I don't know if the MSRP has dropped. But the market has spoken . .

I think it may just be Adorama trying to get around Focal's pricing structure (no discounts).

Sky gramophone did the same thing. Their price was $3k with a headphone trade in.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back