Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Apr 11, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #406 of 1,765
How do they sound in comparison to the AKG K812 since all the positive reviews have caught my interest in these headphones? I haven't seen them in any stores yet. Hopefully I don't have comfort issues. 

To my ears they are more flat than the K812.

The K812 is not bad, and sound well balanced too, but nothing really is as flat/neutral as the FSP.

One thing, the K812 is more resolving/transparent with faster transient response and decay, but then again it's also $1500 so...

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #407 of 1,765
  To my ears they are more flat than the K812.

The K812 is not bad, and sound well balanced too, but nothing really is as flat/neutral as the FSP.

One thing, the K812 is more resolving/transparent with faster transient response and decay, but then again it's also $1500 so...

Nice, sounds like I should pick up a pair of these Focal Spirit headphones then. :)

Is the comfort really that bad what I have been reading? 

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #408 of 1,765

Is the comfort really that bad what I have been reading? 

For some yeah. Most definitely

For others (like me). No...

so I think it really depends on the person. They're so comfortable for me that I can just wear them to sleep, and I do sometimes. I fall asleep listening to them in bed.

According to people who have issues: Really hard clamp + not enough cushion on top + Tiny ear cup holes for ears.

So buyer beware. On a brighter note the sound is AMAZING.
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #409 of 1,765
Hey I think you would like the zmf v.1 its similar to the tuning of the Focal spirit pro.

QUESTION

What does this sound like with a fiio e12. I had this headphone but Fiio house sound is always a little thick and I want bass boost for the Pro if I buy it again. I think I am making myself back to these again. I need a portable. 

I dont understand how everyone says they are analytical and hard to listen to for a long time. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #419 of 1,765
:)  ok, i actually want either these or the classics, gonna try if i can audition them both tommorow.

They seem like they would be a good addition to my m100's

I had the chance to audition the Classic for about 15 minutes at the Montreal Audio Show a few weeks ago and out of my DX50 they sounded very good to me. They have a very smooth sound a bit laid back. Today I've received the Pro and I've been listening to them for the pass 2 hours and I like them very much. I found the sound to be more engaging. The are very clear and clean but with an amazing punch in the bass. I'm lucky because they fit my head and ears no problem so comfort is not an issue for me. I have to admit that the Classic are worth the extra $50 for the look and finish but for the sound if you like more engaging ( some said aggressive but I do not find them aggressive ) the FSP are a treat. I have not done a direct comparison with my 7520 but so far from memory the bass is more controlled I think and the presentation stage is wider on the Pro for sure.

Note: for the people that would like better comfort I've tried the Beyerdynamic snap on headband and it fit on the Pro.

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #420 of 1,765
I had the chance to audition the Classic for about 15 minutes at the Montreal Audio Show a few weeks ago and out of my DX50 they sounded very good to me. They have a very smooth sound a bit laid back. Today I've received the Pro and I've been listening to them for the pass 2 hours and I like them very much. I found the sound to be more engaging. The are very clear and clean but with an amazing punch in the bass. I'm lucky because they fit my head and ears no problem so comfort is not an issue for me. I have to admit that the Classic are worth the extra $50 for the look and finish but for the sound if you like more engaging ( some said aggressive but I do not find them aggressive ) the FSP are a treat. I have not done a direct comparison with my 7520 but so far from memory the bass is more controlled I think and the presentation stage is wider on the Pro for sure.

Note: for the people that would like better comfort I've tried the Beyerdynamic snap on headband and it fit on the Pro.

funny thing is, where i live the fsp is more expansive than the classics :D

thanks for your impressions, sounds like i'd prefer the fsp over the classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back