I measured cables from device and they are 0.09 Ohms

Kabeldirekt pros seem to be 0.15-0.25 ohm tolerance

Mar 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #348 of 1,765
V modas are fancy but too expensive
I wouldnt pay so much for cable.they cost in germany 30 euros
I think this cable is very good
They are pretty robust and well done
You get that feeling thay are very  good but still not high premium visuals
And resistance is great...i mean maybe oehbachs would measure 0.1ohm in best case...more or less they cant be superconductor:))))
Everything below 0.5 ohm a direction is okay

And if u have high impedance headphone it doenst really.matter

Higher the impedance in headphone the less vdrop u get on wires

But for up to 50 ohm headphones 2 ohm is already importantly much

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #349 of 1,765
Mar 28, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #354 of 1,765
  Are you getting them? 

Just ordered.

No comfort issues for me when I auditioned a demo pair.  On the contrary, they were not quite as tight on my head as I would have ideally liked (as is normal with me).  Will do a comparo with recently ordered Q40's
regular_smile .gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #355 of 1,765

Just ordered.

No comfort issues for me when I auditioned a demo pair.  On the contrary, they were not quite as tight on my head as I would have ideally liked (as is normal with me).  Will do a comparo with recently ordered Q40's
regular_smile%20.gif

I have a big head with average sized ears.  Clamp force is ok for me. The FSP (the FSC also) fit as on ears in the bottom of my ear lobes, but it doesn't bother me at all... insensitive ears I guess. 

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #356 of 1,765
  I have a big head with average sized ears.  Clamp is ok for me. The FSP (the FSC also) fit as on ears in the bottom of my ear lobes, but it doesn't bother me at all... insensitive ear I guess. 

Yep, I'm hoping that they won't be uncomfortable on the ears after extended use.  Touch wood.  Thanks again for the heads up.

Quote:
  Has anyone directly compared the FSP to the Shure 1540? If so, which did you prefer and why?

Interesting question, especially considering the price difference.  Doesn't seem as if anyone has compared them unfortunately.

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #357 of 1,765
Re: My previous headband criticisms. From normal, very light use.

I pretty much expected this to happen (see my review) but at least the fractured plastic didn't create any substantial structural issues. You're not alone Remilio. 

Got my pair of FSPs yesterday and I have to say - all said about them here is true. Sound is exceptional for 349$ closed semi-portable headphone.

As for the sound - I don't really know what else I can say that wasn't already said here. Nice neutral, monitoring, detailed sound, overall almost as good as in my Paradox - that's madness! Focals are a bit more agressive sounding in vocal range and less forgiving in comparison - bright or overly compressed records don't sound as good as in Paradox. But hey, even basic Paradox is 495$ (and in this case you get awful look of stock T50RPs) and it can't be driven by smartphone and it's not portable! In terms of sound/price ratio Focals really impress.

I agree with this as well.

Fast comparison: the Paradox are more revealing of microdetail, better resolving, faster, have more accurate imaging/soundstage in both width and depth, and have ortho bass which is really well extended. On the other hand, they are too hard to drive from portable players and smartphones, and they lack any level of ergonomic portability besides the excellent stock T50RP build quality (too heavy, don't fold, uncomfortable without the suspension headband, spaceman aesthetics...my wife calls me Mork from Ork when I have them on). The only place where I slightly differ from Remilio is that I find the Paradox equally unforgiving of poorly recorded or poorly compressed material, but for different reasons - the FSP due to its aggressive sound and the Paradox because of its excellent detail extraction. 

The FSPs are a great mobile companion to the Paradox. I still think that, headband build quality and fit issues aside, these are the best sounding portable on the market today.

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #360 of 1,765
  http://tapeop.com/reviews/gear/99/srh1540-headphones/

caught that whilst browsing...

Interesting.  Though he doesn't say one really trumps the other-  just favours the FSP's in the studio the 1540's more at home.

Soundwise, FSP comes out winner when compared against Shure 1540.

My wallet thanks you!
tongue.gif
   Is that because of the FSP's flat response and neutrality, or for other reasons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back