Focal Spirit One Review 2013
Feb 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

foolsgold1986

100+ Head-Fier
Focal Spirit One

Packaging

The packaging is very good in my opinion.

Sound Quality

Bass: It has a little bass but not enough for bass heads or anyone that just wants a good response.

Mids:  This is where the headphones show their worth.  These headphones are mostly just mids.  

Highs: The Highs are not sharp and give the feeling of wanting way more.

Stage: The only stage that these have is the fact that they are headphones and offer stereo.

Build Quality

The build seems pretty sturdy and has a neat look but I think most who pay the price for the headphones might want something that that does not give the impression of cheap.  

Case

I don't know what to say about this.  Focal said that their cases were breaking their headphones in transit.  I don't know if my case is the one that they put in to replace that one or the original.  

Cable

Within seconds of the cable of being taken out of the box the cap that said focal came off.  I ended up returning for that reason.  The cable seems like the right length for listening on the go but an additional cable is probably necessary if you are lounging around listening to your favorite band.

Overall

I don't give ratings. I give reasons.  The cost of the headphone is way more than they should be for the quality of the headphone.  It feels like focal is trying to get into the beats area of sales with a high cost but very overstated.  I would suggest to avoid this headphone.  Focal is supposed to be amazing but it seems these headphones are in name only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back