Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Feb 27, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,021 of 1,498
Agree with this mostly.

Stellia more resolving and "reference", whereas Radiance is between the Elegia and OG Clear in terms of technicalities but its tuning is awesome - very pleasing, almost relaxing (for a Focal), whilst still having tonnes of punch when called for. Radiance probably a better choice for genres like heavy music/metal as the Stellia tuning doesn't lend itself to that. Stellia probably better for things like EDM.
MG clear is open cans,they have more details and bigger soundstage vs stellia?

Feb 27, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #1,022 of 1,498
Both of these headphones work well with most music, unless you need a big soundstage - they both have limited soundstage and I don't think they work well with something like big instrumental recordings.

Stellia though is a better headphone in almost every category. When you listen to Stellia for a couple of hours and then immediately put on Radiance, you get the feeling that you just lost a part of the music - like if someone closed the door to the room where music is coming from and you can't come in and have to listen from the outside.

Difference in technical capabilities between Radiance and Stellia can be brutal if you're listening to quality recordings, but the brain can always adjust. It's a double edged sword however, as poor recordings sound really bad on Stellia and to that, your brain can't adjust. I have a couple of old mixtapes from 90ties that I like to listen to from time to time, they are in lossless format, but they are really poorly recorded, which makes them unlistenable on Stellia. On the Radiace however, they sound alight, quite enjoyable.

Apart from technical abilities, the difference in price is even more brutal. I like Stellia, but it is definitely not worth the asking price - not by a long shot. If you're planning to get one of these headphones for retail prices, I cannot recommend Stellia. It's way overpriced, to my ears it sounds like a 2K headphone and for that price it would be great. Btoom line is that Radiance offers way more than Stellia for its asking price.
this one very helpfull answer. im have offer new boxed stellia for 1950ur, this will be correct price. I have focal bathys and audeze lcd-2closed back, as you wrote -after listing 2hours stellia and immediatly put radiance you feel that missing parts of music. Im after listing 5min audeze lcd-2closed and imeddiatly put bathys im feel that lost big parts of music too. but ,no lost details ,even more music details im hear after audeze put my hifiman ananda also far bigger soundstage. here is my ananda is neutral sound headphone and bathys with audeze is more warm and fun sound. So,can ask how stellia sounstage and details can compare vs open back headphones?

Feb 27, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #1,023 of 1,498
MG clear is open cans,they have more details and bigger soundstage vs stellia?
Haven’t heard the MG but know the OG well. The OG is known for being slightly more detailed than MG arguably - at least better sense of clarity.

The Stellia will be more resolving than MG, faster transients and richer in microdetails (it shares the same beryllium driver that the Utopia has). That said, the open backed nature of OG/MG Clear gives a bigger soundstage and can in a way give an easier/more enjoyable way of perceiving various details due things feeling more spacious. It’s about whether you prefer open or closed back really.

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #1,024 of 1,498
I have a slight warm leaning system, I recently got the Radiance and prefer the OG Clear way more than the Radiance which sound bit too smooth in my main system. bass is also not far behind on the Clear in fact I find the Radiance bit bloated, a brighter system should in theory work better with the Radiance, so synergy maybe key here.

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #1,025 of 1,498
Haven’t heard the MG but know the OG well. The OG is known for being slightly more detailed than MG arguably - at least better sense of clarity.

The Stellia will be more resolving than MG, faster transients and richer in microdetails (it shares the same beryllium driver that the Utopia has). That said, the open backed nature of OG/MG Clear gives a bigger soundstage and can in a way give an easier/more enjoyable way of perceiving various details due things feeling more spacious. It’s about whether you prefer open or closed back really.
how open planars headphones can compare vs focal stellia for details and soundstage? planar is planar, it is bigger,more details,bigger soundstage? and wins here ?

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #1,026 of 1,498
So,can ask how stellia sounstage and details can compare vs open back headphones?
I don't use open-back headphones much so I can't compare this. Only open-back headphones I currently have are HD 600, 650 and 660S. But I have and heard many closed-back headphones that I can compare them to. To me both, Radiance and Stellia have small soundstage. Stellia can do 3D soundstage very well and I can easily notice sounds coming from the front/back, up/down and not just side to side. Radiance can't do this well and most of the sounds are on the horizontal line. They might have very similar soundstage in size, but when listening to Radiance I think sounds seem to be coming from a little bit further away ... but I don't know for sure, it might be my imagination.

Anyway it is not very big and I have and heard many closed-back headphones headphones with bigger soundstage, like LCD XC, D9200, T5, Liric ...

Mar 3, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,027 of 1,498
I don't use open-back headphones much so I can't compare this. Only open-back headphones I currently have are HD 600, 650 and 660S. But I have and heard many closed-back headphones that I can compare them to. To me both, Radiance and Stellia have small soundstage. Stellia can do 3D soundstage very well and I can easily notice sounds coming from the front/back, up/down and not just side to side. Radiance can't do this well and most of the sounds are on the horizontal line. They might have very similar soundstage in size, but when listening to Radiance I think sounds seem to be coming from a little bit further away ... but I don't know for sure, it might be my imagination.

Anyway it is not very big and I have and heard many closed-back headphones headphones with bigger soundstage, like LCD XC, D9200, T5, Liric ...
yes,lcd-2cb cloced is big soundstage too. a bit smaller than my hifiman ananda.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #1,031 of 1,498
where to buy radiance for 599eur?
In a store that I bought the Radiance at that price, here in Portugal. But it is sold out and even if they have it, the store only sell in this country.

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #1,033 of 1,498
radiance is brighter and more neutral natural sounding vs stellia? without eq. stellia is more warm?

I own both and my impression is that the Stellia is the brighter or more neutral sounding of the two. I don’t consider the Stellia bright, though. I frame it as the Radiance being warmer. I can listen to the Stellia for full work days (it’s my set at my work desk) no problem. I use my Radiance on the rocking chair by my bed for reading at night. That touch more warmth is very inviting.

Mar 6, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #1,034 of 1,498
I own both and my impression is that the Stellia is the brighter or more neutral sounding of the two. I don’t consider the Stellia bright, though. I frame it as the Radiance being warmer. I can listen to the Stellia for full work days (it’s my set at my work desk) no problem. I use my Radiance on the rocking chair by my bed for reading at night. That touch more warmth is very inviting.
now im burning my focal bathys :gs1000smile:,after 15hours 'burn' bathys became more brighter and more relaxed sound,out of box was a bit muddy sound. more think to buy radiance or stellia

Attachments

• Radiance-768x352.jpg
    Radiance-768x352.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Stellia.jpg
    Stellia.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back