Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 8, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #1,396 of 6,742
I still own the he-500's their great but not on the level of the Elear's. I really love my lcd 3's it's just something with the Elear's  their clarity in the mids & treble region is really nice and I'd say better then my lcd 3's bass with the Audeze's is better but not by a lot. The only other hp that I own is the Grado ps-500's very nice with classical music. I did enjoy my senn 650's thinking about the nighthawk's for a gaming rig I have..enjoy  

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,398 of 6,742
Well bad news for me today my Elear's have developed a distortion & poping sound on the left side, just sent them back for a replacement pair..

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1,400 of 6,742
  Well bad news for me today my Elear's have developed a distortion & poping sound on the left side, just sent them back for a replacement pair..

I hear distortion on both cups at high volume. I wonder if it's the same issue your having. But only for bass though. And it wasn't any hair in the drivers. I checked. blew air inside them and everything.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,402 of 6,742
Wow, that sucks you guys are having issues. The most surprising thing to me about these were they had no transferrable warranty. That is bad IMO for a 1000 pair of headphones. Audeze offers a 3 year transferable one with their headphones. It hurts the resale value and if people are having issues on their pairs, doesn't look very good for people trying to buy a used pair.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,403 of 6,742

Sorry to hear that.  When did you get those pairs? 

I hear distortion on both cups at high volume. I wonder if it's the same issue your having. But only for bass though. And it wasn't any hair in the drivers. I checked. blew air inside them and everything.

I've had the Elear's for a little over a week now the distortion & poping just started last night only on the left side. I would think there should be no distortion even at higher volumes I guess we'll see hope my next pair works out really was enjoying these hp's

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #1,404 of 6,742

I've had the Elear's for a little over a week now the distortion & poping just started last night only on the left side. I would think there should be no distortion even at higher volumes I guess we'll see hope my next pair works out really was enjoying these hp's

So far so good as far as I am concerned.   I think the early batch had an issue, but I thought Focal identified and fixed the issue.  See early pages of this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/811961/focal-elear-impressions-thread/15

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #1,405 of 6,742

So far so good as far as I am concerned.   I think the early batch had an issue, but I thought Focal identified and fixed the issue.  See early pages (2-3) of this thread

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #1,407 of 6,742
I have a distortion problem with my right cup on high volumes.
I thought this just was an overload thing, but now I start wondering when reading the above posts.
I have the same problem with Mojo as with Jotuheim driving the Elears.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #1,408 of 6,742
I have a distortion problem with my right cup on high volumes.
I thought this just was an overload thing, but now I start wondering when reading the above posts.
I have the same problem with Mojo as with Jotuheim driving the Elears.

Mine started out of the blue and yes I do like a little on higher volume side but not ear bleed high, and besides with a 1k pair of hp's that should not be happening return them..

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,409 of 6,742
Last night I got some 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters so I could use an oppo balanced cable into my Sennheiser HDVA600 amp.  This arrangement sounded really good compared to the microzotl2 I had been using.  I think I may be coming around to loving this phone with that change in amplification.

Hmm, I've been using the MicroZOTL2 with these, haven't been blown away (not that they're bad, but not better than, say, my HE-560). Don't have a supply of other amps to try, though, will try my Liquid Carbon (don't have a balanced cable for it, so will have to try it single ended). Component matching can make a difference.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #1,410 of 6,742
Been using the Elear for about 4 days now.  I was initially (and still am) blown away by the transparency.  However, sometimes it feel like there is something a bit lacking or missing.  I haven't been able to quite put my finger on it yet.  At this point I still am preferring the sound of my Audeze Sine.  Will continue to break these in and see how it develops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back