Focal Clear Help Please!
Nov 20, 2023 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fetoll123

New Head-Fier
Hey!

Dont know if this is the right forum but feel free to change it admin =)

About a year ago I purchased a Focal Clear and loved it. Great sound and comfort.
But after about a year of use (with different amps. Mainly a Schiit IEMagni i think it was) the left driver started to fail. First there was a little imbalande and I could change it with EQ but not ideal. Then after that the whole driver failed.

Now I contacted an official dealer here in Sweden and they said it was the amp that destroyed it and they wanted 800 (!!!!!) bucks for a driver change. No way I said!

Saw someone on the forum who did repairs so decided to send to him. He said everything was fine and worked when he tried them with an XLR 4-pin Cable. But when I got them back.. Still left driver failure. So here is what I noticed:

With two of the cables (XLR and 6.5mm) there is a little sound in the left driver. Swapping sides does nothing. With the 3.5mm i get NO sound in the left one but when i swap cables there is sound in the left driver. Although a little low perhaps.

Any ideas? Sorry for long thread.

Nov 20, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 3
Hey!

Dont know if this is the right forum but feel free to change it admin =)

About a year ago I purchased a Focal Clear and loved it. Great sound and comfort.
But after about a year of use (with different amps. Mainly a Schiit IEMagni i think it was) the left driver started to fail. First there was a little imbalande and I could change it with EQ but not ideal. Then after that the whole driver failed.

Now I contacted an official dealer here in Sweden and they said it was the amp that destroyed it and they wanted 800 (!!!!!) bucks for a driver change. No way I said!

Saw someone on the forum who did repairs so decided to send to him. He said everything was fine and worked when he tried them with an XLR 4-pin Cable. But when I got them back.. Still left driver failure. So here is what I noticed:

With two of the cables (XLR and 6.5mm) there is a little sound in the left driver. Swapping sides does nothing. With the 3.5mm i get NO sound in the left one but when i swap cables there is sound in the left driver. Although a little low perhaps.

Any ideas? Sorry for long thread.

Sorry if you mentioned, but have you tested on different sources? And have you checked other headphones on those same sources?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back