Focal Clear headphones
Sep 27, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #12,092 of 12,615
Besides, I'm going out on a limb here and say that Focal will not be releasing a new headphone anytime soon if ever. Read into that what you will.

I'm really curious what this has to do with the original request. That's between the two of you, but this seems like a non sequitur (as I'm almost certain he was thinking of an in-stock headphone).

Sep 29, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #12,093 of 12,615
I'm really curious what this has to do with the original request. That's between the two of you, but this seems like a non sequitur (as I'm almost certain he was thinking of an in-stock headphone).
It did seem very randomly tossed out there. 😅

So, I'll do the same ... I'm enjoying my OG Clear right now... ah, I am glad I picked these for my travel open backs on my trip.

I have underloved these. Shame on me.

Attachments

• Clearly Good Headphones.jpg
    Clearly Good Headphones.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 29, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #12,094 of 12,615
It did seem very randomly tossed out there. 😅

So, I'll do the same ... I'm enjoying my OG Clear right now... ah, I am glad I picked these for my travel open backs on my trip.

I have underloved these. Shame on me.
My favourite headphone!

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #12,095 of 12,615
I've had mine for a year and a week. Can't imagine ever being tired of them.

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #12,096 of 12,615
How much of an upgrade over the Elegia is the Clear OG? A2A is clearing their stock of some Focal models, I already bought the Elegia for $330AUD (about $200 USD), which was a great price for them and I love the sound after eq. The Clear is also on sale for $799 AU which seems like a good price. I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on how much of an upgrade they are and if they’re really worth 2.5x the price

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #12,097 of 12,615
How much of an upgrade over the Elegia is the Clear OG? A2A is clearing their stock of some Focal models, I already bought the Elegia for $330AUD (about $200 USD), which was a great price for them and I love the sound after eq. The Clear is also on sale for $799 AU which seems like a good price. I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on how much of an upgrade they are and if they’re really worth 2.5x the price
First thing is that the Elegia is closed back and the Clear is an Open back. Apart from this big design diference, it is quit the upgrade in my honest opinion.

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #12,098 of 12,615
The value is very subjective on this hobby so the only who can decide if they are worth 2.5 the price, is you.

These are 2 different headphones with a different use case, one being closed, and the other being open back. That said, Id take the Clears all day long over the Elegias.

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #12,099 of 12,615
As above only you can decide if they are worth it "to you".
The Clear (OG) were worth it at $1399.
At $799 they are a no brainer.

If you shop around on head fi / stereonet you might be lucky enough to find a second hand Focal Arche for stupid prices too.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #12,100 of 12,615
Thanks for the replies :) I’ve been reading about the comparisons of the two and a lot of people say that with eq the Elegia gets very close to the Clear around 10% better on the Clear which doesn’t seem worth it to me. Would you guys say that’s accurate or is there a bigger difference? Thanks

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #12,101 of 12,615
Thanks for the replies :) I’ve been reading about the comparisons of the two and a lot of people say that with eq the Elegia gets very close to the Clear around 10% better on the Clear which doesn’t seem worth it to me. Would you guys say that’s accurate or is there a bigger difference? Thanks
It is two Very different products. To me, a closed back will never match the open back sound. I really like my Radiance's, but they are a step down from the Clear's. Have you looked at Focal Elex's?

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #12,102 of 12,615
Those people are smoking the good stuff, no offence to them. I've owned all the Focals at this point apart from Radiance, and I had side by side, Clear, Elegia, Celestee and Stellia.

The Clear are much, much better. Open back headphones are significantly better than closed backs. I used to swap back and forth between them sometimes and was honestly v suprised by how much better the Clear are. The Stellia and Clear are more worthy of a comparison, Elegia just isn't in this fight, and thats with EQ.

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #12,103 of 12,615
It is two Very different products. To me, a closed back will never match the open back sound. I really like my Radiance's, but they are a step down from the Clear's. Have you looked at Focal Elex's?
Thanks again for the reply. I agree open backs are great. I haven’t considered the elex as they’re not on sale here

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #12,104 of 12,615
Those people are smoking the good stuff, no offence to them. I've owned all the Focals at this point apart from Radiance, and I had side by side, Clear, Elegia, Celestee and Stellia.

The Clear are much, much better. Open back headphones are significantly better than closed backs. I used to swap back and forth between them sometimes and was honestly v suprised by how much better the Clear are. The Stellia and Clear are more worthy of a comparison, Elegia just isn't in this fight, and thats with EQ.
Thank you. I think I’ll give them a go :)

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #12,105 of 12,615
I pulled the trigger on them after reading some more impressions vs the Elegia. Very excited to see what I hear with them. Also ordered the new SMSL DL200 amp/dac (similar to the C200 but newer) hope they’re a good match. Currently just using a ZX300 Walkman so will be comparing the Clear to the Elegia on that until I get the DL200. Not so sure the amp will make a massive difference as the Focals are pretty easy to drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back